AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: SIGINT1 on November 12, 2009, 08:43:48 AM

Title: Reporter
Post by: SIGINT1 on November 12, 2009, 08:43:48 AM
When trying to send out reports it says messege sent with sucess then immediately changes to messege sending failed check background software - I have checked firewall and made sure ANRB has access - I also disabled firewall/antivirus and tried it - it still did the same thing - thought it might have something to do with 3.08 but I switched back to 3.07 and it didn't help. Any suggestions??
Title: Re: Reporter
Post by: tarbat on November 12, 2009, 08:48:13 AM
Yes, I see exactly the same error.   Might suggest that this is a problem with the Airnav email server.
Title: Re: Reporter
Post by: MikeC on November 12, 2009, 10:43:58 AM
I've just generated a Report for Today's Entries, entered a valid recipient email address, hit Send Now and nothing happens?  The report just sits there but I get a Message Sending Failed notification on the status bar?

I can't see anywhere in the Manual about setting Reporter to work with my email client, but I may have missed it.  How might the AirNav email server get involved?

Firewall checked an ANRB has full permissions.
Title: Re: Reporter
Post by: Fenris on November 12, 2009, 10:57:00 AM
Rather than provide for sending email via your own or your ISP's mail server, the email goes out via Airnav's server.

I hope this becomes configurable, but it won't be in 3.0x I think.
Title: Re: Reporter
Post by: AirNav Support on November 12, 2009, 11:40:46 AM
This has been discussed in an earlier thread about the network.

Lots of ISPs block smtp mail, and customers asked for a way around.
Title: Re: Reporter
Post by: Canonjohns40D on November 12, 2009, 03:40:42 PM
Hi this has been happening to me also for the past two evenings. My settings are ok with the firewall so not sure what was happeing.

John
Title: Re: Reporter
Post by: SIGINT1 on November 12, 2009, 07:35:36 PM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on November 12, 2009, 03:40:42 PM
Hi this has been happening to me also for the past two evenings. My settings are ok with the firewall so not sure what was happeing.

John

Same here - just started doing it all of a sudden - I haven't changed ISP's or anything - always worked before - I double checked the 2 groups I post to and also tried to send to my personal email - the messages are definitely not going out - guess will see what happens !
Title: Re: Reporter
Post by: boomer57 on November 12, 2009, 07:58:55 PM
and here also the same problem, it always worked before.

Eric
Title: Re: Reporter
Post by: airfire on November 12, 2009, 09:20:22 PM
Problem here as well. I tried everything including turning off all firewall/anti virus (briefly) to correct. Alerts via email are also impacted.