AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: hans on November 24, 2009, 08:37:26 PM

Title: cursor during ftp
Post by: hans on November 24, 2009, 08:37:26 PM
it might be a mousedriver problem(logitech trackball.latest driver),but during ftp upload every 30 seconds(beta 3.11),
my cursor changes into the sandglass.
this only happens with radarbox on the foreground,not when i am in any other program,with RB on the background.
this happened also in all other previous versions.so it's not a beta 3.11 issue
its only a minor issue since it is just a second ,but is a bit annoying when i want to change things in radarbox.it also occurs in every other screen of RB(mylog,mapcolours etc)
anyone ever had that?
further beta 3.11 works like a charme,
(ps:win xp, sp2 )
Title: Re: cursor during ftp
Post by: viking9 on November 24, 2009, 10:16:56 PM
Yes, it has always happened on mine. I also have a Logitech wireless mouse.

Tom

Title: Re: cursor during ftp
Post by: tarbat on November 25, 2009, 09:02:47 AM
Happens on mine, always had done.  You get used to it.

I see other programs do this when they're autosaving, for example.
Title: Re: cursor during ftp
Post by: Fenris on November 25, 2009, 11:32:00 AM
Normally you would expect to see the arrow plus hourglass if the save is a background activity, it's a cue to remind you why your machine has slowed down a bit. If it's just the hourglass then it means that the UI is blocked I think.
Title: Re: cursor during ftp
Post by: tarbat on November 25, 2009, 01:44:12 PM
Quote from: Fenris on November 25, 2009, 11:32:00 AMNormally you would expect to see the arrow plus hourglass if the save is a background activity, it's a cue to remind you why your machine has slowed down a bit. If it's just the hourglass then it means that the UI is blocked I think.

Okay, I see the normal Vista circling cursor when it happens.
Title: Re: cursor during ftp
Post by: hans on November 25, 2009, 09:44:21 PM
I also use the weatherprogram "Cumulus".
There was the same problem with the cursor during upload.
The developer of Cumulus solved it by letting the ftp run in a different thread and at a lower priority.
Don,t know if this is of any use here.