Hi. I have a problem with the RadarBox Network.
On my Notebook I can see all the flight from my RadarBox and also from the Network but when i plug my RadarBox on my Other PC i cannot see flights from the network.
I'm using the same password on both PCs and both PCs are connected to the same router without firewall.
On the Notebook the countdown for the refresh of the network is 30 seconds and on the other pc is only 4 seconds.
What is the problem???
Thank's for your help
Hi davis,
Not sure what you mean by the 4 seconds comment as it should count down. Are you saying it stops at 4 seconds. Also what colour is displayed next to the words Network on the bottom left hand side?
Davis,
Is it possible that your internet connection is down?
Also, have you updated your firewall - this might be stopping connection to the AirNav network?
If I disconnect my PC from the Internet, I get exactly the same problem - green lights but a Network countdown from 4 seconds to zero but no Network aircraft. (I'm using V1.4 so my screen shot is slightly different).
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2262/2146096791_eb5cb8a9f2_o.jpg)
All the best
Allocator
Davis,
I can see network aircraft in your area, are you up and running again?
What was the problem?
All the best
Allocator
How many RB units you have and how many Software installations you have? Note that network data will only be downloaded on a computer that has the HW box connected to it.
Hi Davis,
It has to be a firewall or permission issue on your desktop. What Operating System is running on your dekstop?
Thats very weirds. We haven't had such a issue mentioned to us before.
On your desktop can you go Start -> Run -> Enter "cmd" and click ok -> write "ping www.airnavsystems.com" then click enter.
Can you copy and paste what is displayed.
Network access is not locked to a specific computer so its strange what is occurring to you.
Is anyone else having a similar issue or can replicate the issue?
This only happens to me if I switch the router/Internet connection off.
I can confirm that RadarBox can be installed on more that one PC - as the software will only work when the harware is connected, there is no problem with the multiple installations.
Davis, can you confirm that this also happens on the slow machine when the fast machine is has been shut down. Also when swapping the RadarBox has been off power. Let's try to solve this before 2008 ;) Doro
I have done some more thinking. When the RadarBox is connected on the desktop: does is display the flights you receive yourself locally. I do not see them in the screenshot. If no: reinstall the USB drivers (you know the procedure ;) ) Doro
Hi Davis,
Can you confirm that the issue does not occur if you use the details send with the install CD?
Airnav check his account.
Yeah, 100%, I had that too once. Somehow the 1 year free subscription was not activated on your e-mail adress account. The only one to fix this is AirNav. Doro
Hi Davis,
You are only supposed to use the codes given on the CD. That will give you the free one years access. The codes which use your email were only temporary and should not be used any more.
Hope that helps.
Bit of confusion here.
You say that the codes which came with the CD work fine on all computers. Correct?
As mentioned in the last post by us do NOT use the other codes which work with your email.
Quote from: davis on January 01, 2008, 01:54:00 PM
Ok this is the problem ... I install the software in computer and put the code of the CD all ok .. it works, and connecting with the network.
Hi Gianni, so use the code that came with the CD, or did you loose the password? Airnav will give you a new one.
Doro!
Happy 2008, and I drank some Italian red wine. ~hips~
This topic will be locked so not to add to any further confusion and that customers issue has been resolved.
Just to clarify to any customers who come across this post. Make sure you use the registration codes provided on the CD otherwise you won't have access to the RadarBox Network.