Just wondering....are the stations showing on the "Real Time Network Locations" Map actual users with their ANRB's switched on and set to upload their data to the network or are they something else? Just curious. When I switch on I upload data to the network so that other users can benefit from a stronger network. Should I not see my location registered on the map or am I mis-understanding what that map is?
The map just gives a rough idea where RB users are, I'm abt. 160 km se from the position on the map (which is my ISP's adress).
As it states on the map page its not meant to be accurate, just to give an idea of what the network might show. We don't want to give accurate positions due to privacy reasons.
Quote from: AirNav Support on November 28, 2009, 01:09:22 PM
We don't want to give accurate positions due to privacy reasons.
Good point for a lot of countries
Otherwise you had to built a map with RB users give their location themself to this system.
Quote from: jannuh on November 28, 2009, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: AirNav Support on November 28, 2009, 01:09:22 PM
We don't want to give accurate positions due to privacy reasons.
Good point for a lot of countries
Otherwise you had to built a map with RB users give their location themself to this system.
hi jannuh
My ip address says i am in Scotland, never been to the place in my life,
i live in north Ireland.
so ip addresses are no good.
from pat
Hi all, I think we've been through all this before, but surely there could be a tick box in Preferences to opt IN, if happy for exact position to be shown on map. Anyone checking my Profile can see to within a couple of miles where I am.