AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Canonjohns40D on December 14, 2009, 08:48:21 PM

Title: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 14, 2009, 08:48:21 PM
I had posted this elsewhere but the problem continues any help appreciated please.
Hmmmm!!!!

i noted a short time ago a huge increase in the number of flights I have been getting recently. Over 2000 shown in my flights reporter. Thrilled that the increase was there I had a look to see what was happening and got this aircraft:-

4CA4F5 RYR6127 EGSS-EGAC  EI-DPR B738 Ryanair 2009/12/14 17:22:40  
 
It started at 17.22:40 and the last one was timed at 17.51.56, constant hits seconds apart same flight number.

Then
Aaarrrrggghhhhhhhh!!!!

See post below. It's at it again EI-DPR is showing multiple hits on my flights reporter this evening again.This time flight number is RYR8277 it started appearing at 18.34:09 and finished at 19.31:24. Leaving me a staggering count 0f 4333 flights today.

What is going on please??? Anyone else getting this???

And now
Ssssshhhhh EI-DPR is on the ground. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Now this one has started

400B84 BMA4KD EIDW-EGLL G-DBCF A319 BMI British Midland  2009/12/14 20:05:30
400B84 BMA4KD EIDW-EGLL G-DBCF A319 BMI British Midland  2009/12/14 20:36:23
Now my flights reporter showing a total today of 5038
And he has just appeared again as
400B84 BMA8KD EIDW-EGLL G-DBCF A319 BMI British Midland  2009/12/14 09:19:34

Please what is happening is it just my box?

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 14, 2009, 09:09:53 PM
Well I wanted more flights recorded and I'm getting them, there must be a problem? Anyone offer help or seeing the same flights please?
Now another one

4CA6C4 EIN67X LHBP-EIDW EI-DVI A320 Aer Lingus 2009/12/14 20:50:04
4CA6C4 EIN67X LHBP-EIDW EI-DVI  A320 Aer Lingus2009/12/14 21:02:47

Total my flights reporter now 6141.

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: AirNav Support on December 14, 2009, 09:14:50 PM
Have you tried closing RadarBox, restarting your machine. Sounds like a some corruption either software or whats being sent through via the cable.
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 14, 2009, 09:18:56 PM
Thanks support i'll try a restart. Did the post on the other thread get removed please? or am I cracking up???

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: AirNav Support on December 14, 2009, 09:23:59 PM
I did, as you started posting everywhere :) Please keep it to one thread only.
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 14, 2009, 09:33:20 PM
Sorry I had been on that thread and started to report this issue. I was getting no response and thought I should try a new thread. Wrist slapped and accepted.. I closed the machine down at 21.20pm and my flights recorder was 6157. After the restart 21.32pm It is currently6170 so seems to be slowed down again. I'll keep an eye on it thanks again.
John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 14, 2009, 10:58:04 PM
HI Support it appears not to have been resolved?

4CA1B3 RYR65 LFOB-EGPK EI-DAD B738 Ryanair 2009/12/14 22:13:06
4CA1B3 RYR65 LFOB-EGPK EI-DAD B738 Ryanair 2009/12/14 22:43:32

Total count now on Myflights reporter 7460. Any ideas how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 15, 2009, 08:21:02 AM
HI Support it's happening again today, is there no answer please?

4CA4F5 RYR6122 EGAC-EGSS EI-DPR  B738 Ryanair 2009/12/15 06:38:22
4CA4F5 RYR6122 EGAC-EGSS EI-DPR  B738 Ryanair 2009/12/15 07:04:18

Multiple hits often only seconds apart.

Since midnight last night the my flights reporter count is 1405.

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: AirNav Support on December 15, 2009, 08:34:51 AM
The last two posts, the flights are about 30 mins apart, are they coming in and out of your reception area?
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 15, 2009, 01:08:50 PM
HI Support at work so only getting your mesage now. Just to clarify I am raising this as an issue as the times recorded are the start and finish times on all my posts. In all the cases I reported, I was getting hundreds of hits per aircraft, between these times, and often only seconds apart.

I cant check the current position from here but it was still happening before I left for work. This morning 1405 records had been recorded on my flights recorder recorded between midnight last night and 8.15am.

Clearly something is wrong and I have as suggested shut down the radarbox and computer with no change.

John

Edit sent contact to Support via other means re this.
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 16, 2009, 10:20:00 PM
Hi all this problem is still occuring on my system and I have been in touch with support. I have tried their suggestions but no change. I'm still waiting for further advice.

Anyone else has this multiple recoding of the same aircraft occur please?

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Allocator on December 16, 2009, 10:37:42 PM
Nope, I haven't seen this at all so I don't know what to suggest John.
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 16, 2009, 10:55:22 PM
Cheers Allocator, It has slowed down this evening but up to about 7pm was occuring with Ryanair Aircraft in particular?
My flights recorder for today shows 6815 records. The majority are these multiples ofte a second apart!! Anyhow support might suggest something else.

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Spaice on December 17, 2009, 07:58:10 AM
I reported this very same issue back on September 26, without a response, it is an issue, I had many aircraft that had hundreds of concurrent entries seperated by one second.
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 17, 2009, 10:56:16 PM
HI Airnav support sorry but this is getting frustrating now as the multiple hits continue to be recorded daily. I had gone of the forum via support for assistance but this past two day I have reported the problem without the courtesy of a reply!!! So here it is in the open forum

Please what can I do to stop this happening.

Yours very frustrated

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: AirNav Support on December 17, 2009, 11:04:33 PM
Canonjohns40D,

We did ask you a few days ago to try a few things such as another pc, cable, to rule our corruption. We didn't hear anything back.

If you did reply do not attach large files as they will automatically be blocked.
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 17, 2009, 11:16:48 PM
Hi support i have replied over several days as the issue continues . OK I attached large files not knowing they would be blocked. I am getting several hundred hits on single aircraft/flight numbers often seconds apart.

I have changed USB cable and USB port but the same thing happens . Over to you.

John
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: AirNav Support on December 17, 2009, 11:29:41 PM
We can arrange a return and check whether everything is ok with the RadarBox to rule that out or rectify it. Send a email to support and we will reply with the return details.
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: tarbat on December 18, 2009, 08:27:21 AM
You could maybe delete all the old records in MyLog.  Maybe there's something already in the database causing this problem.
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 18, 2009, 12:32:21 PM
Hi Support and Tarbat.

I think I'll try, firstly, the delete of old records as Tarbat suggests. I would prefer not to send the box away if I can avoid it. I'm off work over the Christmas period and intend to get some serious use from the RB over that period.

If I send it away now with Christmas Rush etc etc goodness knows when it might return. When I get home tonight I'll delete the old records in My Log and see what happens.

If it continues after that point I'll send it away after contacting Support directly as suggested.

John

Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: Canonjohns40D on December 20, 2009, 10:10:59 PM
Hi Just an update re the multiple (hundreds) of hits on single aircraft.

I tried Tarbats suggestion deleting the old data and it seems to have done the trick. No multiples over the past two days. I'm glad the box wont need to go away over Christmas.

However I wonder if others have noticed a reduction in their coverage? I have attached two polar diagrams one pre 2010 3.13 and one from the past few days. My older diagram DPD Polar went out to and beyond the Inner and Outer dashed white Max Range Rings. The currnt one cant get out in any direction to even the inner ring.

The coverage is well down has anyone else noted this lease?
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: tarbat on December 21, 2009, 08:58:42 AM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on December 20, 2009, 10:10:59 PMI tried Tarbats suggestion deleting the old data and it seems to have done the trick. No multiples over the past two days.

So the problem was possibly caused by corruption to the Mylog database.  Any ideas what may have caused the corruption - do you use other SQL programs at all to access the database?
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: fatkat on December 21, 2009, 12:13:23 PM
yes my small to start with polar plot has shrunk by about 20% using the 2010  update ....

may be its more accurate ?  it did seem faster to start with .... that said I got a spike from central france ....

so my plot looks like a dandilion !

I'm assuming that the location information was faulty !   as I cant normally see  further souuth than luton  at highest altitde
Title: Re: Help Please
Post by: KevinB on December 21, 2009, 03:25:54 PM
This seems to be a re-occurring theme. See

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3913.0

I have seen this with my box since I updated to 3.13. I have sent it back to be checked as bratters and canonjohns40D had similar problems and returned their boxes. Is this the box or the software upgrade I wonder?