AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: RodBearden on December 17, 2009, 12:52:10 AM

Poll
Question: What's your interest?
Option 1: Military - I don't care about boring people-carriers
Option 2: Mainly Mil, but also generally interested
Option 3: All aviation is interesting
Option 4: Mainly civil/general aviation, but also generally interested
Option 5: Civil only - I don't care about boring grey Mil stuff
Title: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: RodBearden on December 17, 2009, 12:52:10 AM
I thought this might be an interesting question.

Rod
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: RodBearden on December 27, 2009, 02:01:12 PM
Bump.

Rod
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: Terry on December 27, 2009, 02:58:37 PM
Hi Rod,
           Being an enthusiast i enjoy all A/C,but military is what i like to catch on the RB.As i see many Mil A/C going over my location its nice to have them in my log + i had 2 spikes on my polar diagram last year out to 298nm,what they were god only knows,but i had 2 U2s in my log around the same time,coincidence me thinks,?

    Best Regards Terry.
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: RodBearden on December 31, 2009, 03:24:29 PM
I'll stop bumping this when we get to 100 votes!

Rod
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: Marpleman on January 01, 2010, 10:08:07 AM
Maybe this time next year then eh Rod?

:-)


Rich
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: RodBearden on January 04, 2010, 01:47:58 AM
For those who haven't voted, here are the results now that we have 100 votes - so these are percentages as well as number of votes:

Military - I don't care about boring people-carriers            - 1
Mainly Mil, but also generally interested                       - 20
All aviation is interesting                                     - 48
Mainly civil/general aviation, but also generally interested    - 24
Civil only - I don't care about boring grey Mil stuff           - 7


I don't think the results are much of a surprise, but perhaps I expected a few more military-only fans, despite the lack of ADS-B in mil machines.

Many thanks to all who voted. I'll leave the poll open in case anyone else wants to vote.

Rod
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: CoastGuardJon on January 04, 2010, 07:21:46 PM
Good poll Rod, I'm surprised at the "Civil only" being 7 and the Civil/GA 31 to Mil/Mainly mil being 21 totals, I was expecting a zero and a majority to the military - perhaps it's because the Civil aircraft are more accessible and generally around, if you know what I mean.     I'm currently Box-less (W&S) so can't even access the Network!
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: anorak on January 04, 2010, 07:32:37 PM
HI CoastGaurdJohn, if it gets too much try looking at the Radarvirtuel site and don`t forget there is always RB anonymous. I`m sure all your friends on the forum wish you well in your time of distress.
Dave.
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: Marpleman on January 04, 2010, 10:41:00 PM
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on January 04, 2010, 07:21:46 PM
     I'm currently Box-less (W&S) so can't even access the Network!

Hi John - thought you'd been quiet on a couple of glorious spotting days - sorry to hear about your misfortune & hope you're soon up and running again!

I normally rely on your "interesting aircraft" prompts on the forum as most stuff passes you about 20 minutes before reaching the Manchester/NW area.

Just to "rub it in" , Sunday was a fantastic day with some tasty stuff heading both ways over the pond!!

Regards

Rich
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: CoastGuardJon on January 05, 2010, 11:28:36 AM
Thanks for the thoughts Dave and Rich.    Rich, I've a feeling you mistake me with Canonjohns40D - I'm in Cornwall covering SW approaches.
Title: Re: Poll: Military or Civil enthusiast?
Post by: Marpleman on January 05, 2010, 10:06:27 PM
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on January 05, 2010, 11:28:36 AM
Thanks for the thoughts Dave and Rich.    Rich, I've a feeling you mistake me with Canonjohns40D - I'm in Cornwall covering SW approaches.

Doh................too much alcohol over last weekend - sincere apologies to both !!

Rich