After several changes and tests the application can now be considered stable (no freezes, no memory leaks).
The new exe can be downloaded from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/401Beta/anrb.exe
Now we need you to post on this topic any problems you may find so our 3D Development team can have a look at them.
Quote from: AirNav Development on December 21, 2009, 02:12:22 AMAfter several changes and tests the application can now be considered stable (no freezes, no memory leaks).
Seems ok to me too.
from testing so far with 4.01b
Bugs
- FTP upload of 2D screen not working unless the 2D screen is displayed and it has focus
- Aircraft info boxes don't always stay on the screen for the "timeout" value
- Random height spikes (high & low)
- When moving the 3D button cluster from its default position other button clusters are displaced and the "Split View" button disappears
- Google earth plugin always has a fraction of the screen invisible which requires you to use the scroll bar to see - should be sized to include the "reload plugin" button and info without scrolling.
- In pilot view aircraft recent trail points appear BEFORE the aircraft's location
- Google Earth interface - inconsistent altitude attribute definitions cause display errors in other than "Elevation Exaggeration = 1" configurations.
- Some models/liveries missing (see separate thread)
- Welcome Screen randomly returns at startup despite checkbox having been unchecked
- KML Manager can't locate/load KMZ/KML files
- "Aircraft from back" view no longer follows aircraft, but remains at initial view location
- Preferences pane sometimes opens with focus under main ANRB window and is not accessible - requires Alt/F4 to regain control of main app
Suggestions
- 3D screen FTP upload
- User selectable FTP upload interval
- ANRB to remember state and size of "Split view" across shutdown/startup instead of always starting in 3D mode only
- ANRB to remember setting/size when using 2 monitors across shutdown/startup
- ACARs to remember "connect" status across shutdown/startup
- 3D Polar/height diagram (with on/off button)
- 3D Radar rings (with on/off button)
- Option to define our own SMTP server to send logs/alerts
- All changed options should be saved & restored (remembered) across restarts of RB
Tks pjm. Other beta testers please try to send us a similar detailed list of the bugs you find so that we make our final comments and compile a finished version.
AirNav - can you tell me how to make the local KML/KMZ files visible in the "External KML Manager" window so I can load/display them in the 3D plugin?
Scratch that - it worked in earlier versions - I've added it to the bug list above.
(http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2096/20091221181053.jpg) (http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2096/20091221181053.jpg)
This update does not make any difference on my system. Still freezes etc.
Frank
We need the feedback from more beta testers. Frank you will be contacted soon.
Hello!
In the 3D view still having the problem of the Preferences window into hiding, unable to access it.
I'm testing other features and inform the result later.
I've just downloaded the new exe but I can't connect to the server. Is it down right now?
Paul@cyyb
The server has been restarted. Up now.
Quote from: RNAGG on December 21, 2009, 05:43:29 PM
In the 3D view still having the problem of the Preferences window into hiding, unable to access it.
This just happened to me again too for the first time in a long time. I'd just turned on the network and was looking at some aircraft over Switzerland, and I'd just successfully bumped up the Network detail to "maximum". A minute later went to check the setting and the preferences pane was popping up under the main ANRB app.
Added to bug list above.
Airnav - I also noticed this version has the beta_log file enabled again, so I've sent it to you, along with the ANRB.elf file in case there is anything to help identify the problem.
I'm not getting into the RadarBox 3D. I'm getting a message to activate the account in 3D.
Therefore, I can not make the other tests.
Next message attachment with my User
Sorry but 4.01 does not work at all in 3d for me ? previous versions were OK cannot get the 3D map to display at all.
CAM
RNAGG: pls send me a PM with your RadarBox serial number.
CAM: what is the name of the only .dat file you have on your RadarBox 3D folder?
We urgently need more feedback on the latest exe from other beta testers. Those who already reported some problems will be contacted in 48 hours with more questions.
Airnav
QuoteBugs
FTP upload of 2D screen not working unless the 2D screen is displayed and it has focus
Aircraft info boxes don't always stay on the screen for the "timeout" value
Random height spikes (high & low)
When moving the 3D button cluster from its default position other button clusters are displaced and the "Split View" button disappears
Google earth plugin always has a fraction of the screen invisible which requires you to use the scroll bar to see - should be sized to include the "reload plugin" button and info without scrolling.
In pilot view aircraft recent trail points appear BEFORE the aircraft's location
Google Earth interface - inconsistent altitude attribute definitions cause display errors in other than "Elevation Exaggeration = 1" configurations.
Some models/liveries missing (see separate thread)
Welcome Screen randomly returns at startup despite checkbox having been unchecked
KML Manager can't locate/load KMZ/KML files
"Aircraft from back" view no longer follows aircraft, but remains at initial view location
Preferences pane sometimes opens with focus under main ANRB window and is not accessible - requires Alt/F4 to regain control of main app
Suggestions
3D screen FTP upload
User selectable FTP upload interval
ANRB to remember state and size of "Split view" across shutdown/startup instead of always starting in 3D mode only
ANRB to remember setting/size when using 2 monitors across shutdown/startup
ACARs to remember "connect" status across shutdown/startup
3D Polar/height diagram (with on/off button)
3D Radar rings (with on/off button)
Option to define our own SMTP server to send logs/alerts
All changed options should be saved & restored (remembered) across restarts of RB
I have all the above bugs
Andy
Airnav,
Sorry for the delay xmas got in the way !
The dat files I have are shown on the attached.
CAM
Same issue as described earlier by CAM regarding the 3D view not showing. Test Build V3.04 exe file still works fine, but the 4.01 Beta build just shows a grey window. This might be a server side issue as I has to get 'reactivated' for 4.01 to run with the 3D options rather than defaulting to 2D?
Scroll to the right to see the grey 3D window below.
As reported previously continue with the problem of Preference option is hidden when I'm in 3D mode. When I go to the 2D mode can not access normally.
Also the screen continues to appear even when it had cleared earlier.
So far these are the problem I'm having in 3D.
anyone else getting this message when they try to start ANRB3D ?
(http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5950/20100101182532.jpg)
Happy New year...
Frank
Yes same is happenning here
Andy
Quote from: pjm on January 01, 2010, 07:26:25 AM
anyone else getting this message when they try to start ANRB3D ?
(http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5950/20100101182532.jpg)
I´m too receive this message!
I guess that the Beta test software has time expired then.
Quote from: Allocator on January 01, 2010, 05:18:56 PM
I guess that the Beta test software has time expired then.
As have the Developers? ;^)
Happy New Year to you all!
Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Give them a break, it has been Christmas :-)
I'm just back at the day job today - the whole office was closed for 2 weeks - you wouldn't have got much out of us over that period :0)
Getting Beta Expired here also
We are finishing a new exe which should be ready by the end of this week. We will then make it available on this board and it is, of course, not expired.
Just to report a minor bug. In 2D the Home Location is correct. In 3D the Home Location is wrong. This effect occurs because I use Dutch Regional Settings, in stead of English Regional Settings. When I change to English Regional Settings the Home Locations are the same and correct. It does not effect the plotting of the aircrafts on the map though.
See Attachment.
Frank