Hello All
Sitting at home and keeping myself busy with the RB.
I have noticed today that there are a lot a bizz jets and turbo props around today possible as there has been so many cancelled flights here in Southern England.
This has prompted be to up date the data on these types in the database explorer.
I am trying to update the A/C type and A/c name so that they tie up.
For example:
CL60 = Canadair CL600 2B16 Challenger.
Is there an easy way of doing this or is this going to be a task that I wish never started.
Any advice would greatful.
Thank you Steve.
Steve - as far as I know, the actype table (assuming that's the table you're updating) isn't actually used at the moment by the RB software, so I think your time would be better spent doing something else!
The details of the aircraft type displayed in the grid come from GAS or Airliners.net.
Rod
Rod - When in MyFlights I some time get this:
Mode S Flight ID Reg Aircraft
343181 MND3222 EC-KPE ...
And then in the info below type is known
= Cessna 560XL Citation XLS
I know that this should be in the aircraft column as per below
C560 or C56X
And this is what I was tyring to update.
Could this be a mistake and I should start on some of that Xmas spirit know as Glenfiddick
Steve.
Ah - I see - no - you're not wasting your time doing that in the Aircraft table - updates to the ICAO aircraft type code generally stick OK - and they generate the silhouette, of course. There is an issue that these sometimes get overwritten by more ... entries, when RB auto-populates, but we're told that AirNav are working on that.
Rod
Rod - Thank you
What is the best way of achieving this, as this seems an end less job and I could be doing this for days.
Also is there a way to tie in the GAS data base with the ANRB data base or is the GAS data base only for use for the SBS which I do not have.
Steve.
Airnav got very confused with this issue back in May.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2673.0
There are still to this day many brand new aircraft, straight from the factory where GAS immediately puts up the correct code but when we download from the Airnav server it gives us a spurious non-ICAO derived code.
Offending codes include
ICAO Airnav Server
B77W B773 (note non-ER triple sevens use this code but ER versions also populate with this on Airnav)
F27 FF-2
K35R BKC3
C17 BC-A
C17 BCC7
C25A C525 (Note CJ2 and CJ3 both populate with the C525 code that should only be for CJ1 types)
C25B C525
C56X C560 (both ultras and XL citations populate with the ultra ICAO code)
FA10 F10A
If you search for the incorrect codes in the righthand column, you will find thousands of them in the 80,000 odd records that Airnav give you with the latest 3.13 download.
I am afraid it is manual updates of all these records in the aircraft data tables until Airnav understand the issue, cleanse the servers and baseline dataset given to new users and fix the problem in a future version.
ACW367
It seems to be mainly the C525 and C560 that are the ones that Im always updating today.
Steve.
Two more codes to find and correct in the 80,000 plus aircraft table
ICAO Airnav Dataset
A30B A300
A306 A300
Quote from: sphbrickwork on December 22, 2009, 02:07:08 PMAlso is there a way to tie in the GAS data base with the ANRB data base or is the GAS data base only for use for the SBS which I do not have.
You can use the data from GAS. See my previous explanation at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1489.msg31878#msg31878
Instructions now at http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/instructions.htm