AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: davelew1s on December 24, 2009, 10:18:55 AM

Title: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: davelew1s on December 24, 2009, 10:18:55 AM
My RB went faulty last weekend, after 2 emails to Airnav I was told to send it to Waters & Stanton for repair...today is Christmas Eve and my box has been returned working..fantastic performance by Airnav and Water & Stanton, 4 days from posting to receiving.
I would like to thank them, and wish them all the very best for Christmas and the New Year, this goes also to everyone in the Ainav forum.
                                        Dave Lewis.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: donburrows on December 25, 2009, 10:41:36 AM
i sent mine 2 weeks ago not heard anything yet
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: swany on December 27, 2009, 01:43:17 PM
I also had a problem with my Radar Box. Fault was due to a "dry joint" which faulted the white signal light. Couple of emails to Airnav. Rad Box returned to
Waters and Stanton for repair on insturctions from Airnav.  returned from W and S after four days. Excellent service from W and S...   Happy New Year to everyone on Airnav      Geoff  Mann  (Ammanford near Swansea Wales)
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: nortonbeak on December 27, 2009, 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: swany on December 27, 2009, 01:43:17 PM
.  returned from W and S after four days. Excellent service from W and S...   Happy New Year to everyone on Airnav      Geoff  Mann  (Ammanford near Swansea Wales)

Perhaps a mention may also be due to Royal Mail? That delivery was carried out at a very busy time of year for them when roads are busy and snow and ice affecting travel.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: Jeremy on December 27, 2009, 05:22:25 PM
I don't think they use Royal Mail. That is why is is so quick!
J.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: davelew1s on December 27, 2009, 05:49:38 PM
Mine came by Royal Mail, but I forgot to mention them, considering Christmas it was fantastic..thank you.
Dave.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: CoastGuardJon on December 27, 2009, 08:21:04 PM
Mine came back RM Special Delivery next day, and will be winging its way back to W&S again, as it's getting diddly squat again, even though there's planes nearby/visible and showing (delayed) on the network.   Will check agian tomorrow, once we're home.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: cool_1 on December 29, 2009, 11:40:00 AM
More bad news...
I had a faulty Airnav RadarBox received as a pressie over xmas. On mine the USB port fell inside the box...It worked for 10 minutes on a older XP PC, and so I then reconnected it to my Vista machine to re-test when the small USB port disappeared inside the RadarBoxunit.
I can only assume another poor quality solder joint.  So Im returning to FlightStore (UK) today by Special Delivery for a replacement.
Also very disappointed that the drivers supplied didnt work on Vista 64Bit.  Although I think Ive now foundthe correct new 64 bit drivers .  ( But why didnt the manufacturers Quickstart documentation mention this ????)     :-(
The Quickstart instructions also say to install the hardware first, then run the Software CD, although the PDF docs on the CD, say to do it the other way round.).   Another error.

So, Not the best start to my RadarBox experience....

Good to see the new 2010 software release though. One question...does the new real time update mean that all aircraft seen over the internet are now actually LIVE instead of a 5 minute delay  ???   Please can one of the gurus here confirm ? many thanks.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: Jeremy on December 29, 2009, 11:44:06 AM
cool-1.
re: real time update. Yes, but at a cost of a further subscription.
J.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: besty on December 29, 2009, 11:45:41 AM
RE real time network, surely only after the first years subscription runs out.

Stuart
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: Jeremy on December 29, 2009, 12:40:54 PM
No. The years sub is for the delayed network.
J.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: ascot617 on December 30, 2009, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: Jeremy on December 27, 2009, 05:22:25 PM
I don't think they use Royal Mail. That is why is is so quick!
J.
I have just retired from Royal Mail, and find your comment offensive, I suggest you refrain from such statements until you know what you are talking about.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: Allocator on December 30, 2009, 11:22:39 AM
Quote from: ascot617 on December 30, 2009, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: Jeremy on December 27, 2009, 05:22:25 PM
I don't think they use Royal Mail. That is why is is so quick!
J.
I have just retired from Royal Mail, and find your comment offensive, I suggest you refrain from such statements until you know what you are talking about.

I think Jeremy was talking in jest, but it's very easy to offend somebody when using the forum or email - I know, because I'll fallen into that trap!  It still amazes me that Royal Mail can deliver all those letters, parcels and packages to even the most remote location!
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: jannuh on December 30, 2009, 11:22:59 AM
Real Time Network:
general answer is NO (you have to pay for it extra!!)

5 min. delayed network:
YES, first year free, afterwards you have to pay extra for it!!
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: Jeremy on December 30, 2009, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: Allocator on December 30, 2009, 11:22:39 AM
Quote from: ascot617 on December 30, 2009, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: Jeremy on December 27, 2009, 05:22:25 PM
I don't think they use Royal Mail. That is why is is so quick!
J.
I have just retired from Royal Mail, and find your comment offensive, I suggest you refrain from such statements until you know what you are talking about.

I think Jeremy was talking in jest, but it's very easy to offend somebody when using the forum or email - I know, because I'll fallen into that trap!  It still amazes me that Royal Mail can deliver all those letters, parcels and packages to even the most remote location!
Please. I had no intention of being offensive. My apologies if it came across like that. Many retail outlets use City Express or such like companies as the service is quicker than RM, but you pay for it! In my buisness we use various couriers as well as RM and for good reason, but not because we disapprove of RM.
Sorry, again!! Ugh!
J.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: ascot617 on December 30, 2009, 07:13:22 PM
Thats ok om, accepted. 

Thanks.

M1DMJ
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: cool_1 on December 31, 2009, 02:18:43 PM
Good news....I got my replacement RadarBox from FlightStore UK this morning (thanks to Mike @ Flightstore, who also gave me a £10 gift voucher- to cover my postage ) , and everything works perfectly now using the new 2010 software, and the new Vista-64 bit hardware drivers   !  :-)

No delays by either Royal Mail (Special Delivery) to return, or the new one being sent by Parcel Force this morning. Good service all round....

One more question...

OK, Ive also just today purchased the Live Data subscription (it was approx £65 inc Vat ) , and I promptly received a confirmation email with a subscription recipt no. etc. 
However , I still get the 5 minute delayed data.  Am I supposed to do something else to activate the Live Network data , as the email had no information on any further actions to take etc ???

Any info appreciated, as its not obvious to me...

Thanks...
Jon

Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: AirNav Support on December 31, 2009, 03:18:48 PM
Should have worked as soon as you bought, send an email to support who will check it for you. Usually customers don't enter the serial exactly which causes issues.
Title: Re: Faulty Radarbox
Post by: cool_1 on December 31, 2009, 05:12:23 PM
OK thanks for the reply, Ive sent Airnav support an email (ie. to support@airnavsystems, as per your contact info above) along with my email receipt confirmation and with my Navbox serial no. 

I look forward to hearing from you .

regards,
Jon