AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Jeremy on January 02, 2010, 04:17:58 PM

Title: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Jeremy on January 02, 2010, 04:17:58 PM
What is the file name in SBS resources folder for Brookmans Park Hold?
J.
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Allocator on January 02, 2010, 04:48:56 PM
I don't think that the holds are in the SBS resources file?

I think I produced my own using Jordan's Outline Maker (but now I think about it, maybe they came from somebody else!) - they are on my other PC and I won't have access to that until next week.  I'll try to remember to post them here, but if I forget, remind me Tue-Wed :-)

You can see a screenshot here - not brilliant, but good enough.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3239.msg30589#msg30589
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Jeremy on January 02, 2010, 04:56:24 PM
There are Hold files on the sbs resources folders. I just can't find Brookmans Park. All the rest are there.
Thanks.
J.
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Allocator on January 02, 2010, 05:00:45 PM
Should have BPK in the file name?
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Jeremy on January 02, 2010, 05:47:55 PM
That isn't there either. Anymore ideas?
J.
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Allocator on January 02, 2010, 05:48:52 PM
Nope, but I know that I've got them on my other PC :-)
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Allocator on January 02, 2010, 05:51:16 PM
Ah-ha!  found my earlier post - no BPK there I'm afraid :-(

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3128.0
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: abrad41 on January 02, 2010, 06:10:07 PM
Gary

Is there a place I can find where all the holds are in the uk, all i want to do is install the ones for my area.

Cheers

Andy
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Allocator on January 02, 2010, 06:12:11 PM
The NATS UK AIP is a good place to start.  However, as far as I'm aware, there isn't one chart showing all the holds.  You will have to go to each airport in turn and look at their approach procedure charts.

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=165&Itemid=3.html
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: abrad41 on January 02, 2010, 06:14:14 PM
Ok Mate

Thank you, thats sounds reasonable way to go about it.

Andy
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Fenris on January 03, 2010, 06:01:47 PM
Is there a BPK hold? I thought the London north area holds were Bovingdon and Lambourne.
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Allocator on January 03, 2010, 06:05:58 PM
I did wonder this myself, but there are some consultation documents on the NATS site discussing the revision of the BPK hold, although I didn't actually look at the dates.
Title: Re: Help - Outlines.
Post by: Jeremy on January 03, 2010, 07:54:14 PM
Yes. I think you are right. I was looking for something that does not exist!! Thanks all.
J.