Hi all
Trying to diagnose whether i have a problem. Live near LHR and my My flights is only 17 at present (0851 gmt). Now there is a blank of snow over everything so its it just the weather causing the low number of returns? Anyone in SE UK online can comment on the number of flights they are receiving?
In the past I was receiving regularly in the 80's around this time of day.
Concerned that I have a aerial problem or my box has the problem.
THanks
Graham
HI Just plugged in the Airnav supplied aerial and the count is just the same. So it is either a true reflection of the flights at the moment or my system has a fault. The reason I ask is since I upgraded to 3.13 have have noticed that I rarely have more that 50 flights showing. In the past this was normally in the 80s.
This just maybe the time of year and I know not very scientific but had a feeling this were down compared with before.
So anyone online near LHR at the moment?
Graham
I live about 25nm NE of Stansted in a hollow with the standard antenna at 15 ft surrounded by hills and houses and am seeing around 35 ac live.
See my screen display here: http://www.viking9.co.uk/AirNav.html
Tom
THanks Tom. Currently have 31 hits so maybe its just my paranoia!!!!
Graham
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on January 06, 2010, 09:31:53 AM
THanks Tom. Currently have 31 hits so maybe its just my paranoia!!!!
Graham
Graham,
Good to see you haven't a problem.
Tom
We had a system in London which we regurally watch and during last nights heavy snow it was very intresting to the see the affect on the reception.
While the RB there usually picks up aircraft 100ft after departure at Heathrow it struggled to pick them up at 1000ft when a band of heavy snow was across Heathrow.
http://www.akzah.com/anrb/RadarBoxScreenShot.gif
Interesting. My outside aerial casing is covered in snow. Would this have an effect?
Graham
Yes. It will totally de-tune the antenna and will reduce its efficiency.
J.
Thanks Jeremey. Not getting the ladders out to clear it off.... (its on the eves of the house) too much snow and ice. Will have to put up with it for now until it thaws.
Graham
Hi Graham / All,
As a quick check, go to:
http://www.radarvirtuel.com
- you can zoom in to your area, and compare what is showing on there with what you have.
Cheers
Dave