AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: marsa on January 08, 2010, 02:19:09 AM

Title: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: marsa on January 08, 2010, 02:19:09 AM
Greetings,
RB has stopped sending e-mail reports.  It started with the last version of RB so I upgraded to the latest version.  It would send reports to a friend but stopped after three days.  I'm using a laptop with a wireless internet connection.
Thanks in advance!

Brad
NY Sate, USA
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: marsa on January 12, 2010, 01:49:47 AM
Still waiting for a fix. 

Here is some additional info:  The two e-mail addresses that are not getting e-mail reports end in ".nycap.rr.com". 
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: AirNav Support on January 12, 2010, 08:35:22 AM
Check your spam settings please, we haven't had any other complaints from anyone else regarding this so we assume its working.
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: marsa on January 16, 2010, 01:30:11 AM
I turned my spam filter completely off and it made the problem worse.  No one got an e-mail.  I turned the filter back on and I'm back to one e-mail to one account but none to myself or a friend, both nycap.rr accounts.

Brad
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: eggplant on January 16, 2010, 02:20:07 AM
That does quite strongly suggest that there is a probelm with your ISP.
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: SpeedWagon on January 18, 2010, 04:01:35 AM
Make sure there is no space on either side of the comma separating the addresses.
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: marsa on January 19, 2010, 02:32:20 AM
Thanks for the replies.  I have no spaces between my addresses.  Before I call my ISP I am going to replace AVG anti-virus with another.  RB seems to have an issue with AVG.  Brad
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: Allocator on January 19, 2010, 07:45:14 AM
I've used the free version of AVG for a long time now, along with the free ZoneAlarm firewall and I haven't had any problems with RB.
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: microlight on January 19, 2010, 05:25:01 PM
I have AVG purchased , and all of a sudden my email alerts have dried up from Radarbox , I get the small alert box on my screen , I'm at message 68 of 68 and not one received in my emails today.

My email account is working okay for other emails.
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: Allocator on January 19, 2010, 07:58:34 PM
AVG is anti-virus, not a Firewall programe.  however, I have noticed that with the latest version of AVG I have to have 'Safe Surf' selected to off, otherwise my browser slows down to a crawl as AVG checks EVERYTHING on the site.

Try experimenting with the AVG setting to see if there is something preventing RB email contacting the outside world.

What happens when you generate a RB report and try 'send now' - does this email get through OK?
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: microlight on January 20, 2010, 08:38:37 PM
Hi , were do I find "Safe Surf" in my AVG panel

How do I generate an RB Report ???

Thanks

Microlight
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: Allocator on January 20, 2010, 11:10:10 PM
Quote from: microlight on January 20, 2010, 08:38:37 PM
Hi , were do I find "Safe Surf" in my AVG panel


Open the AVG control panel and click on the Overview panel.  Click on the Link Scanner button to access the Safe Surf settings.  I'm not saying that this will fix your email issue though ........

Quote

How do I generate an RB Report ???

Thanks

Microlight

You are joking aren't you?

How about clicking on the Report button on the menu bar and then clicking the Generate Report button.  You can then set the reports to be emailed automatically, or you can send them now at the click of a button.

There is a very good Help file available through the RadarBox menu bar.  I really recommend that you spend a little time reading this so that you know just what your RadarBox can do.  Also, take a few minutes to watch the RadarBox YouTube videos available via the button at the top right of this forum :-)
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: microlight on January 21, 2010, 08:33:52 PM
Tried generating a report , now get pop up asking for city and country etc in preferences. Oh to be able to input , I have my Airnav on a laptop and can never get full screen boxes up on the various pages on airnav to input all the relevant data , i.e. the boxes cannot expand to input data behind hidden paines.....this thing is a pain !!!
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: Allocator on January 21, 2010, 09:29:54 PM
You must be running a laptop with a small screen and low resolution.  You won't really be able to do the software justice if run it on such a machine.  Do you have another screen you can plug into the laptop?

Radarbox isn't a pain, it's a joy, but it you are running it on unsuitable kit then what do you expect?
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: microlight on January 21, 2010, 10:21:11 PM
Acer with 15.6" Cine Crystal screen  , Vista  ,  1366 x 768  32 bit
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: Allocator on January 21, 2010, 10:41:51 PM
Quote from: microlight on January 21, 2010, 10:21:11 PM
Acer with 15.6" Cine Crystal screen  , Vista  ,  1366 x 768  32 bit

Just reset my 15" laptop to 1280x768 and the Preferences windows fits easily with about 10mm spare at the top and bottom of the window.  Are you using a non-standard (large) Windows font?
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: microlight on January 22, 2010, 10:50:09 PM
Hi Alocator , you were spot on with the fonts issue , thats all sorted , but as for emails not receiving diddly from my Airnav box , most disappointing really only 1 month old and its not delivering , nothing has changed with my email provider (yahoo) and no change with my ISP.

Annoying times
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: AirNav Support on January 22, 2010, 10:58:42 PM
Not sure what you mean by one month old and its not delivering. The RadarBox itself does not send the email :)

It gets sent by our server to your email address. We suggest checking your spam settings and trying another email address to confirm its not being blocked your end.
Title: Re: e-mail reports stopped
Post by: microlight on January 23, 2010, 11:06:56 AM
Changed email alert address to send to my business account - that doesn't receive them either and that's a different ISP.