AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Horsham Spotter on January 08, 2010, 04:31:49 PM

Title: Supplied RadarBox Antenna Permanently Outside.
Post by: Horsham Spotter on January 08, 2010, 04:31:49 PM
As per header I have the supplied antenna outside and it has been there almost a year.
I have been looking in the AirNav RadarBox Help Menu and it quotes that the supplied antenna is not intended to be mounted permanently outdoors.

Question 1
Has anyone else had there antenna outside permanently.

Question 2
If yes to above have you had any problems.

Question 3
What would be the best base for the antenna to sit on.
IE: CD disk, Biscuit tin lid, ETC

Steve.
Title: Re: Supplied RadarBox Antenna Permanently Outside.
Post by: Horsham Spotter on January 09, 2010, 12:46:23 PM
Has anyone else got their antenna outside permanently. I,m thinking about bringing it inside but I get a better reception outside.

Steve.
Title: Re: Supplied RadarBox Antenna Permanently Outside.
Post by: CoastGuardJon on January 09, 2010, 05:51:14 PM
Hi Steve, yes, mine lasted about 2 months, until performance dropped off to absolutely zero, but this is largely due to my personal location.   Discussed fully here at Reply 8:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.msg34930#msg34930
Title: Re: Supplied RadarBox Antenna Permanently Outside.
Post by: Silver Doctor on January 09, 2010, 07:57:55 PM
Got my supplied antenna outside permanently (well fo the last 4 months) and no problems here. Works a treat, much better than inside.....