Was wondering if ther more knowledgable on here could help me decipher what my box was showing.
I was watching LOT7911 767 C-FGAJ and BAW268 G-CIVI, the LOT was not ADSB equipped but the BAW was. When they got to any area of poor coverage for me north west of Glasgow I lost the BAW on the map display but like the LOT it remained on my flights.
I noted them both as descending and watched the BAW go right down to 1200 ft. This has caught me out before with me thinking that aircraft were descending into a Scottish airport.
Any ideas what I am seeing here.
Thanks
Alan
Maybe the BAW flight was descending to a Scottish airport?
I watched the BOS-LHR B777 G-RAES land at Prestwick last week due to the weather at Heathrow. This wasn't the only diversion during the week!
Thanks for the reply Rod but I know 100% these flights didnt land and kept on going over the pond at their assigned level. I will keep an eye open for it occuring again.
Regards
Alan
That was Allocator - not me :-)
Sorry - no idea what was going on - haven't noticed anything like that myself.
Rod
Sorry bout that its been a hard day.
Alan
No problem :-)
Quote from: Runway 31 on January 13, 2010, 06:45:13 PM...I know 100% these flights didnt land and kept on going over the pond at their assigned level...
That would mean there is a bug in the software, and ANRB isn't using the ICAO ID as the primary tracking parameter.
What were the ModeS hex codes of the two aircraft? Were they similar, in which case this might be another instance of single-bit reception errors causing a mix-up between the DF20 data of two different aircraft.
EDIT: Tracked down the ModeS hex codes:
C00FE2 : 1100 0000 0000 1111 1110 0010
4005E2 : 0100 0000 0000 0101 1110 0010
So, three bits in error needed to cause this. Possible, I suppose.
Quote from: OKC-Steve on January 14, 2010, 03:49:32 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on January 13, 2010, 06:45:13 PM...I know 100% these flights didnt land and kept on going over the pond at their assigned level...
That would mean there is a bug in the software, and ANRB isn't using the ICAO ID as the primary tracking parameter.
BAW268 certainly didn't head out across the pond - it's a LAX-LHR flight and I have it logged as landing at Heathrow 16:55 on 10/1.
Curiouser and curiouser ...
I think I may have the answer to my query. I noted last night that I had been opening up a copy of RB 3.07 beta instead of the 3.13. The beta version is now consigned to the bin to avoid similar.
David you are correct re the BAW268 of course regarding the direction of travel.
Thanks for all the suggestions and sorry about the time wasting.
Regards
Alan
DF20 is not used by Radarbox
Quote from: meagain on January 15, 2010, 05:01:44 PMDF20 is not used by Radarbox
That's a somewhat surprising statement. What makes you think so ?