AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: smithgd on January 28, 2010, 10:43:51 PM

Title: Adding/Editing Coastlines
Post by: smithgd on January 28, 2010, 10:43:51 PM
Hi

I've had a look on the forum and web about outline files and have a question. I know how to add new files and have found some high res coastal files but when I add them they are just overlayed over the original low res coastal outline.

How do I remove the low res outline, I can't find any .out file it my be related too?

Cheers
smithgd
Title: Re: Adding/Editing Coastlines
Post by: RodBearden on January 29, 2010, 12:53:58 AM
Map menu...General Signs...Country Boundaries

Hope that helps :-)

Rod
Title: Re: Adding/Editing Coastlines
Post by: DaveReid on January 29, 2010, 07:37:31 AM
Quote from: smithgd on January 28, 2010, 10:43:51 PMI've had a look on the forum and web about outline files and have a question. I know how to add new files and have found some high res coastal files but when I add them they are just overlayed over the original low res coastal outline.

How do I remove the low res outline, I can't find any .out file it my be related too?

You don't say which hi-res coastine you have loaded, but assuming it's the UK then your low-res coastlines for the rest of the world need to be minus the UK, otherwise you will experience the effect that you are seeing.

Try these: www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Download/OUT_General.zip
Title: Re: Adding/Editing Coastlines
Post by: smithgd on January 30, 2010, 02:00:22 PM
Thanks Rod, obvious really :-)

So now that the coast line is in High res....how do I change the underlying map to match it?
Title: Re: Adding/Editing Coastlines
Post by: RodBearden on January 30, 2010, 03:17:02 PM
Sorry, smithgd, but the map is fixed in the software - but you can download the NASA satellite images which are a better fit.

Rod