Currently with the flags database D008.DAT that is included in V3.13, aircraft in the VQ-BE* and VQ-BF* series show with Union Jack British flags instead of Bermudan flags.
Can anyone supply Airnav with the correct Hex ranges to associate these VQ-B aircraft with the BM flag code, for inclusion in that DAT when they imminently finalise the 3D product.
I suggest that the all hex ranges for VQ-BG* through to VQ-BZ* are also calculated and associated with Bermuda.
Which ModeS hex codes need to be changed? Unless there's been recent changes to the hex code ranges, the D008 dat file should be correct - it's based on the one maintained by SBS-1 owners.
This is what we currently have for Bermuda:
BM,Bermuda_1,01000000000000001-------
BM,Bermuda_10,01000011101111101000----
BM,Bermuda_2,01000000000000010-------
BM,Bermuda_3,010000000000000110------
BM,Bermuda_4,0100001001000000--------
BM,Bermuda_5,0100001001000001000-----
BM,Bermuda_6,01000010010000010010----
BM,Bermuda_7,0100001001000001001100--
BM,Bermuda_8,01000010010000100011----
BM,Bermuda_9,0100001001000010010-----
BM,Bermuda_VQ-BMS,010000100100100011011001
Just checked, and the SBS-1 countries file was updated 24 November 2009. Leave it with me, I'll get an updated D008.dat file compiled tomorrow (if I remember!!).
This is what's now in the SBS-1 countries file for Bermuda. ACW367, can you confirm this will cover the aircraft you're talking about.
Bermuda_1=01000000000000001xxxxxxx,17,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_2=01000000000000010xxxxxxx,17,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_3=010000000000000110xxxxxx,18,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_4=0100001001000000xxxxxxxx,16,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_5=0100001001000001000xxxxx,19,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_6=01000010010000010010xxxx,20,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_7=0100001001000001001100xx,22,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_8=01000010010000100011xxxx,20,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_9=010000100100001001xxxxxx,18,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_10=010000100100100011011xxx,21,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_11=0100001001001000111xxxxx,19,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_12=010000100100100100xxxxxx,18,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_13=0100001001001001010xxxxx,19,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_14=01000010010010010110xxxx,20,Bermuda.bmp
Bermuda_15=0100001110111110100xxxxx,19,Bermuda.bmp
Thank you Tarbat.
The Bermudan flags covered everything with Mode S up to 42493*. 42494* onwards has Union Jacks.
It looks like with the current rate of airliner delivery the entire 4249** series will be used for VQ-B** registrations and they will probably spill over into 424A** in due course. It would be nice if we are ready for that when 3D is launched.
ACW367, I've always followed the lead given by the SBS-1 guys who continue to develop their countries.dat file. I'm not knowledgable enough of ModeS hex code ranges to add extras that the SBS-1 guys haven't included.
All I do is take their file, and run it through a conversion and validation process to create a new D008.dat file, and validate that against the contents of the FLAGS folder. The SBS-1 guys do all the hard work!!
Anyway, new D008.dat file posted at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4263.0
Each user can always add their own specific entries to their D008.dat file if they want.