Morning all, just in passing. Got an Advent 4211-B netbook yesterday and just for a laugh i tried putting Airnav on. It worked but with some limitations. The netbook is only running at 1.6 Mhz with a meg of ram. Even altering the DPI it is not possible - as yet - to get to the Preferences change but we`re working at it. Sorry about the lousy picture but it`s just gone dawn here!! Belting down with rain but it`s better than snow for sure. Bi now, Roger
I use a similar setup (NC10 netbook) for mobile use at airfields. Photos etc. at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1413.msg11847#msg11847
As you say, getting to the Preferences buttons can be a challenge. On the NC10, I can change the screen resolution to 1024x768 and pan around to get to the buttons. Either that, or see if you can rotate the screen to get to the buttons.
The way I find the preference buttons on a netbook is to open up the Preference window on my PC and using the tab key count the number of tabs to get to the OK button from a set position, then repeat the steps on the Netbook aad then hit the enter key.
I started running RB yesterday on an Acer Aspire mini PC that runs on a netbook's Atom processor.
So far, so good. The sweet thing about the Acer in comparison to a netbook, however, is that is has a video card (ion) that will drive a 1080p monitor.
That iis one blurry image!