AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: G0HWC on February 05, 2010, 11:05:07 PM

Title: Multi polar diagram
Post by: G0HWC on February 05, 2010, 11:05:07 PM
Hi all,

is there a way of saving muti polar diagrams ?
and if yes can they be overlayed over each other ?
while working on my antenna it would be handy.

Paul
Title: Re: Multi polar diagram
Post by: eggplant on February 05, 2010, 11:29:29 PM
I don't think it can be done within the RB program - though I stand to be corrected. What I did was saved screen shots with the different polar diagrams, than superimposed them onto each other using Adobe photoshop.
Title: Re: Multi polar diagram
Post by: pjm on February 06, 2010, 01:00:08 AM
Quote from: G0HWC on February 05, 2010, 11:05:07 PM
is there a way of saving muti polar diagrams ?
and if yes can they be overlayed over each other ?
while working on my antenna it would be handy.

Your polar diagram data is saved in the D0012.dat in the "data" directory of the AirNav install. You can save it whenever you like

tarbat has created a excel spreadsheet to graph the differences for you - refer to this message: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1302.msg10127#msg10127
Title: Re: Multi polar diagram
Post by: bratters on February 06, 2010, 07:35:25 AM
I'm with eggplant on this. For antenna comparison purposes, screenshots are both simple and effective.
Title: Re: Multi polar diagram
Post by: Mike_Tassy on February 06, 2010, 09:26:40 AM
I output ANRB to planeplotter - leave permanent trail.   When testing antennas any changes can be logged in planeplotter saving each change as a different colour - more effective than polarplot
Mike
Title: Re: Multi polar diagram
Post by: tarbat on February 06, 2010, 10:33:31 AM
To really understand your antenna performance, I find Overflight Logger (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robinsonfizz/Alansworld/sbs-1/ofl/index.html) gives the full picture, showing reception at all points and altitudes.

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2729/4334570984_21b132796a_t.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/4334570984/sizes/o/)