AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: jonjorobb on February 10, 2010, 07:36:35 PM

Title: Buying with Maestro card
Post by: jonjorobb on February 10, 2010, 07:36:35 PM
Hello,

I was hoping to purchase a month of live network access before the offer expires with a Debit card, However I'm having some trouble purchasing.

On the card payment page, there are small images of the card company's, including Maestro, which this card is. However, I can not select this in the drop down box, only American Express, Visa etc.

Is it possible to buy using this type of card?

Thanks
Title: Re: Buying with Maestro card
Post by: jonjorobb on February 10, 2010, 08:22:44 PM
I've just entered the card as a Solo, and it then said that " Maestro UK cards are not supported for recurring payments"

However I'm confused, isn't this a one off payment?
Title: Re: Buying with Maestro card
Post by: imropes on February 10, 2010, 10:30:51 PM
My rail company has not accepted Solo and Maestro since they started. Maybe R B is the same.
Title: Re: Buying with Maestro card
Post by: AirNav Support on February 10, 2010, 10:32:40 PM
Solo, Maestro are not widely accepted unfortunately. If you have another card which is not one of those brands please try that instead.
Title: Re: Buying with Maestro card
Post by: radarspotter10 on February 10, 2010, 10:57:55 PM
Quote from: AirNav Support on February 10, 2010, 10:32:40 PM
Solo, Maestro are not widely accepted unfortunately. If you have another card which is not one of those brands please try that instead.
hi all
I payed with maestro OK but I had to do it with paypal,
i too can not understand why airnav does not accept maestro and why not,
are paypal making money out of this?.
from pat
Title: Re: Buying with Maestro card
Post by: RodBearden on February 10, 2010, 11:54:19 PM
Pat - of course Paypal make money when people use them - do you think Visa and Manstercard don't make money when you use them? The merchants pay the charges and build that cost into their prices.

As far as we punters are concerned, it's a lose-lose situation!

But I still think that Paypal is an excellent way of buying things on the interweb thingie.

Rod