Hi Guys,
Still not on the network, and have almost given up on it.
However, I have put up an external Antenna and cabled it through the loft to the NavBox and then the computer. I live in a bungalow and the highest point is the apex of the eaves which is where I have put it on a home made bracket. The Antenna itself sticks up above the roof which obviously helps with all round reception.
I have used a Multi-Scan Antenna from Maplin made by Moonraker systems. Maplin Number QT29G. This is coupled to a 50 Ohm low loss coax also from Maplin code A98JH.
I am now tracking live flights up to 150 miles away and have had over 100 flights on the screen. While I am not seeking to usurp AirNav Systems, or any other supplier, this is a cheaper alternative to the purpose made external Antenna. Incidentally the antenna receiving range is 25-1500 MHz RX at 50 Ohms impedance. Having bought the Radar Box I could not afford the cost of the purpose built antenna and so this is an alternative if like me you are on a low income. Don't know if anyone else has tried this but I would be interested to know of their results if they have.
Regards
David
Glad you're getting good results. You would get even better range with an antenna specifically tuned to 1090MHz. For example, the Radar-Rama, also from Maplins
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=352366
And don't forget static and lightning protection - you don't want to fry your Radarbox!!