AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Canonjohns40D on March 09, 2010, 09:18:14 PM

Title: My Log missing data?
Post by: Canonjohns40D on March 09, 2010, 09:18:14 PM
Hi Airnav or anyone who can offer some help please.

I have been at my computer constantly this evening with my airband radios running. I have watched on radar box the aircraft I am listening too so all appears to be well.

When I just checked my log, which at 6.30pm had 1335 records I noted it now at 21.10 has 1214 records. On checking the log it shows a record at 18.41.42 and then a gap until 21.06.15. I saw several aircraft on the box plotting accuratley during this time a number passing directly over the house into Belfast Aldergrove and Belfast City.

This has been happening with a freeze of the system over the past few days Any thoughts please?

John
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: AirNav Support on March 10, 2010, 08:37:08 AM
Do you have any other software which runs through that time? like an antivirus scan each day at that time?
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: tarbat on March 10, 2010, 08:43:18 AM
John, if this happens again, check to see if the MyLog.db3-journal (in the DATA folder) is getting big.

I've seen this happen a couple of times, where the MyLog.db3-journal just gets bigger and bigger and database updates aren't happening.  It occurs when I've been using SQLite Maestro with Radarbox running, and would suggest some sort of database update conflict between the two programs.

Maybe Radarbox (or the SQLite database engine) gives up when it gets a database locked situation?
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 06:51:57 PM
Hi Support and Tarbat

Firstly yes I have antivirus running with daily schdules set but these are set at times when I'm at home to prevent them causing any problem. I checked I have allowed Airnav on this software also.  i am going to stop them tonight and see if this makes a difference.

Regarding the Mylog.DB3 file it is a whopping18.8MB so is this a problem and if so what can I do?

Thanks for the help by the way.

regards

John

Edit I'm a numpty with computers ok, but the Mylog.BD3 did say 18.8 MB just now though it says 5.3MB!!! I'm lost so any help as always is very welcome.
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 06:57:40 PM
Support / Tarbat

Sorry I should have added it happend today while I was at work As usual i leave the box on 24/7 I have  aflight recorded at 10.28.38am then the next when I reloaded the system at 18.14.20pm. The screen was onbut was grey in colour and radarbox had shut down no flashing lights were on but the yellow light was.

John
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: tarbat on March 10, 2010, 08:11:40 PM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 06:51:57 PMRegarding the Mylog.DB3 file it is a whopping18.8MB so is this a problem and if so what can I do?

That's normal.  It was the MyLog.db3-journal file I was talking about.
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 08:39:27 PM
Hi Tarbat sorry the journal file is 8.05MB.

John
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: tarbat on March 10, 2010, 08:46:50 PM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 08:39:27 PMHi Tarbat sorry the journal file is 8.05MB.

That looks like your problem then.  The journal file should be tiny - mine is typically around 10KB.  That would suggest that SQLite database updates are getting "stuck" in the journal, and not getting updated into the database.

Do you run any other programs (SQLite Maestro, batch scripts, etc.) against the database whilst Radarbox is running?
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 09:12:10 PM

Do you run any other programs (SQLite Maestro, batch scripts, etc.) against the database whilst Radarbox is running?


Hi TArbat the answer to above is no, I think. I am a numpty so basically the radarbox runs as it came out of the box, other than a comnnection to Military Modes Site.

Can i do anything to rectify this?

John
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 09:44:33 PM
Hi Tarbat does this look normal I seem to have two files mylog.DB3 journal?


John

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: tarbat on March 10, 2010, 11:27:51 PM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 09:12:10 PMHi TArbat the answer to above is no, I think. I am a numpty so basically the radarbox runs as it came out of the box, other than a comnnection to Military Modes Site.

I would suggest running without MilModeSLogger for a few days and see if that solves the problem.  Are you using the online or offline version of MilModeSLogger?
Title: Re: My Log missing data?
Post by: Canonjohns40D on March 10, 2010, 11:33:22 PM
Thanks again Tarbat for your time.

it is the online version I'm using. Just turned it and the Spyware daily checks off.

John