AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: metalmaster on March 10, 2010, 09:56:00 PM

Title: HELP WITH IMAC
Post by: metalmaster on March 10, 2010, 09:56:00 PM
Please be gentle first post,have bitten the bullet and bought a 27"imac,fed up with windows. have managed to get radarbox up and running ok with vmware fusion3 running a windows vista vm,2d looks very nice but the 3d is slow when started but picks up after its been on for awhile any idears, or should i try parallels.any help would be handy.metalmaster
Title: Re: HELP WITH IMAC
Post by: N3HEV on March 11, 2010, 01:37:57 AM
Metalmaster........

I'm also using an iMAC but running Parallels 5.0 I am experiencing a gradual slowdown of received data to the point it stops after about 5 mins. I must then disco and re-con the USB cable, then it works all over again for another 5 mins....do you experience this?
Title: Re: HELP WITH IMAC
Post by: metalmaster on March 11, 2010, 08:22:53 PM
hi n3hev.
dont have any problems with it slowing down over time,keep it running for hours at a time and have never had to unplug the usb cable, its only when first started,also when looking on the overhead view the image seems blurred
Title: Re: HELP WITH IMAC
Post by: N3HEV on March 12, 2010, 09:06:01 PM
Metalmaster......

Hmmm, I don't have any start up troubles....yet :O I am not getting anywhere with tech support....I tried re-installing the software, driver, using a different USB cable (even using the original in another un-related application and it worked there). I can't find any reason for the data flow to slow, then stop. If I read about the LED's and their meanings, it appears that the computer stops communicating via the driver after a period of time(the USB LED blinks once per second, then gets slower and slower, then stops altogether). I check my process ID's and RB is still running, I just don't know what happened to the driver! Frustrating....when it works, it's great though.....anyone have ANY ideas??