AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: ianmalc on March 15, 2010, 09:33:37 PM

Title: EMIRATES BOEING 777
Post by: ianmalc on March 15, 2010, 09:33:37 PM
The new Emirates 777 A6-ECZ has appeared on my box 3 times now.
It has only ever appeared in myflights never on the map ,It is a brand new aircraft so
I assume it must be ADSB Equiped.
Is it just my box that isnt picking it up?

Ian
Title: Re: EMIRATES BOEING 777
Post by: Marpleman on March 15, 2010, 09:48:36 PM
Hi Ian

I picked her up on the 9th March between 12:45 and 12:57 at FL340 routing OMDB-KJFK full ADSB over Manchester

Hope this may be of use?

Rich
Title: Re: EMIRATES BOEING 777
Post by: orkney on March 15, 2010, 10:08:51 PM
Hi

We have had this 777  4 times now since 14th February but only giving positional info once. It also has given some false info eg. 946kts GS!!

Claire
Title: Re: EMIRATES BOEING 777
Post by: CoastGuardJon on March 15, 2010, 10:23:35 PM
Hi Claire and all, 946 knots = 1088 mph.   Jetstream speeds of up to 450mph have been recorded ( http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Dictionary/Jet_Stream/DI68.htm ), so,  theoretically at least, with a tail wind in this order, such a GS could be reached.....?  Dave Reid and others will know the answer I'm sure!
Title: Re: EMIRATES BOEING 777
Post by: DaveReid on March 15, 2010, 10:52:16 PM
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on March 15, 2010, 10:23:35 PMHi Claire and all, 946 knots = 1088 mph.   Jetstream speeds of up to 450mph have been recorded ( http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Dictionary/Jet_Stream/DI68.htm ), so,  theoretically at least, with a tail wind in this order, such a GS could be reached.....?  Dave Reid and others will know the answer I'm sure!

A6-ECZ is known only to plot intermittently. 

When it's not plotting, it sends DF17 Format Type 0 (No Position) squitters and also Airborne Velocity squitters with zero values.

How and why RadarBox translates that into spurious groundspeeds, I have no idea.
Title: Re: EMIRATES BOEING 777
Post by: btclarke on March 16, 2010, 02:59:55 PM
Hi Ian,

I have picked up A6-ECZ 6 times. One of which had no callsign.

Only once, on 07 March did I receive ADSB, it was EK40 EGBB-OMDB.

I understand that the ADSB transmissions are able to be turned off by the crew in the FMC.

Cheers
Bryan