AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: tripleseven on March 30, 2010, 10:25:35 AM

Title: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - Preferences Problem
Post by: tripleseven on March 30, 2010, 10:25:35 AM
Hello!

I ordered my AirNav RadarBox 3D at WiMo (German dealer).
Today I received the package. It was the blue box with the cover (New 2009!).
Ok!

So I downloaded the software AirNav RadarBox 2010 3.13 (on the CD-ROM there is still the software 2009) and started it.

The Box is working but I can´t use the software.

There is menu called "Preferences" (Home Station Data) which is on my display all the time.

If I click on "Auto-Detect my location" -> "Error - Unable to return valid location data from the internet"

If I choose the manual way and fill out "Your name" / "City" / "Country" / "Email" and "Select the city that is closest to you from the below options".

Click on "OK" -> no reaction!

Click on "X" -> "Information - AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.13 needs to know more details about your station. Please specify them now.

...then the same happens.

What´s the problem ?
Sorry for the bad english.
Please help!
Thanks!
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - Preferences Problem
Post by: orkney on March 30, 2010, 10:28:19 AM
Hi

I might be wrong as we dont do 3D but I think you need version 4.03 for the 3D.

Andrew
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - Preferences Problem
Post by: viking9 on March 30, 2010, 10:32:04 AM
Have you tried filling in the lat and long?

Tom

Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - Preferences Problem
Post by: tripleseven on March 30, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
Thanks for the replies.

WiMo (Dealer) hasn´t got the 3D option at the moment.
I ordered the 3D version but they delivered the normal version.
If they get the 3D option they will deliver it as quick as possible.

I try to use the 4.03 software.

It´s downloading.....

Regards

Lukas
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - Preferences Problem
Post by: PaulB on March 30, 2010, 10:56:45 AM
A while back I think I had the very same problem (it was 3.07 beta at the time) which i had installed fresh on a new vista laptop. The solution was to first run in demo mode and set-up some basic preferences, close the application and then log-in with my username/password. After that all was OK.
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - Preferences Problem
Post by: AirNav Support on March 30, 2010, 11:01:19 AM
tripleseven,

Firstly do not swear on the forum. Please do as PaulB suggests, there was a an issue in writing to the registry without admin rights.

Once that is done if your 3D version reverts back to 2D send us a ticket from the methods in our signature with your RB Login and we will look into it asp.
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - Preferences Problem
Post by: tripleseven on March 30, 2010, 11:18:17 AM
Thank you!

Software 4.03
I filled longitude and latitude manually and it´s working :)
I love it.

Regards