AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: NF2G on March 30, 2010, 10:58:40 PM

Title: map selection at startup
Post by: NF2G on March 30, 2010, 10:58:40 PM
When RB starts, it gives the message "Creating map" and opens my NF2G.ml3 map file.

Then it says "Creating map" again and opens Tokyo.ml3.

Finally, it reopens NF2G.ml3.

This happens with the map center set to New York and after my own map was the last one in use when RB was running previously.

Title: Re: map selection at startup
Post by: Wayne on March 31, 2010, 07:29:43 AM
Yes, I posted a similar question on 23rd March but got no reply.

My saved default.ml3 does not open after I have been out and about with RB and changed the map to a temp location and not saved it at all. Close RB down then when I reboot at home at the creating map stage it says loading default.ml3 and loads the map of where I have temporarily been and not my saved default.ml3.

Anyone know why it would do this ?

Title: Re: map selection at startup
Post by: tarbat on March 31, 2010, 07:36:05 AM
Setup Radarbox how you want it, and then do MENU - WINDOWS - RECORD DESKTOP
Title: Re: map selection at startup
Post by: Wayne on March 31, 2010, 08:19:54 AM
So what's wrong with the option Map > Save Map As and default.ml3 ?

I would expect that to save my 'home' location as default.ml3 and if I move the map to any other location but don't save it, I would expect the next time RB loads it would load a saved default.ml3.

I don't understand how a save command is ignored here.
Title: Re: map selection at startup
Post by: tarbat on March 31, 2010, 08:49:15 AM
Quote from: Wayne on March 31, 2010, 08:19:54 AMI don't understand how a save command is ignored here.

I think it's a bug!!   RECORD DESKTOP should work though - give it a try.
Title: Re: map selection at startup
Post by: Wayne on March 31, 2010, 08:53:27 AM
Thanks Tarbat, will do
Title: Re: map selection at startup
Post by: NF2G on March 31, 2010, 11:57:26 PM
I've done Record Desktop as well, so we'll see how that works.

I think I might have a lead on what's happening with the maps at startup.

I happened to look at the Windows tab.  It lists Tokyo.ml3, followed by my own NF2G.ml3 twice.  This indicates that 3 windows are open!  Now I have to figure out how to close the unwanted two windows.

Title: Re: map selection at startup
Post by: tarbat on April 01, 2010, 08:45:10 AM
MENU - WINDOWS - CLOSE ALL.  Then open the map you want, and RECORD DESKTOP.
Title: Re: map selection at startup
Post by: NF2G on April 01, 2010, 10:30:51 PM
Yes, I stumbled across the same solution as well.  Evidently when a new map is opened, the RB software does not close the current map and then open a new one.  It opens an additional map window.  Unlike other Windows programs, all open windows are saved on shutdown and then reopened when the program is restarted.