Does rain affect the reception of the radarbox?
Hi Hanno,
In my experience, it does not affect it but then I do leave my RB indoors 'LOL'
Have you noticed a drop in reception during rain?
Best regards Dave.
I am still trying to compare if there is any difference.
It would be correct to say that UHF propagation is affected by the weather. I find even the difference between a cloudy day and a bright sunny one to be significant.
ADS-B is even on SHF, agree with Nortonbeak!
Hi folks,
Interesting post, as RD Box works in Ghz range would heavy rainful affect it, it does my Sky TV service when heavy rain is falling, although to date I have not seen any such event.
glideslope.
hello
We definitely have times when our reception is better or worse than average and it seems we have better range on low humidity days.
Andrew
Hi
My hand held GPS sat nav works at around 1.5ghz and yes the rain does affect it badly when indoors, and yes it works better on a clear day.
from pat.
ps:
Civilian use signal, broadcast on the L1 frequency (1575.42 MHz), which currently contains the C/A signal used by all current GPS users.