Hi,
Is there anyway of working out what route/flight number is being flown by an aircraft with an ATC callsign containing letters? The airnav database often doesn't contain route information for these.
I've seen on this website http://www.seldecpublishing.co.uk/aviation%20books/ a book giving the information but wondered if it was an alternative source (and one that is updated as presumably the book would soon be out of date).
thanks
Jon
Hi Jon
Do you know FlightAware? It uses live flight plans and is good for the USA and many transatlantic flights. http://flightaware.com/live/
Rod
thanks for the link - very useful. Does anything similar exist for the UK/Europe?
Jon
Hi Jon
Actually if you just put the flight into google it will give you the routing too. It doesn't do it every time but we find it does a lot of them anyway.
Claire
Claire
Just tried it with a couple of routes, very good, it worked.
Andy
Thanks - it does indeed work. If I than add them to the Database Explorer will they be automatically shown next time that Flight ID is found?
Jon
Hi
Yes that should work. We have done this for a few routes ourselves now.
Claire
The route information in my database explorer needs updating.
Is there away to delete all the information so I can start a new one(ie: a multiple delete).
Thank you in advance
Steve>
I use http://www.flightroutelookup.com/FlightRoute/ and select FlightLookup (http://www.flightroutelookup.com/FlightRoute/FlightLookup.wso?op=FlightLookup)