AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: southwest125 on April 13, 2010, 12:53:58 AM

Title: Fixing Broken Wire and warranty policy
Post by: southwest125 on April 13, 2010, 12:53:58 AM
I bought my Radarbox about a month ago. Yet, today the wire that connects the antenna to the actual box broke. Am I still under warranty? How can I get the wire fixed?


Thanks,
Ben
Title: Re: Fixing Broken Wire and warranty policy
Post by: southwest125 on April 13, 2010, 12:56:27 AM
Yesterday before the wire broke, I was picking up 30+ aircraft. Now with the broken wire, Im struggling to pick up 5 aircraft.
Title: Re: Fixing Broken Wire and warranty policy
Post by: CoastGuardJon on April 14, 2010, 09:27:40 PM
Hi sw125, how did you manage to break it?   If it's "abuse" or an accident, you're at AN's mercy!   If it's a genuine fault I'm sure you'll find AN or rather the supplier will be understanding - a new one from W&S is a few pence under £20, with post about £23.
Title: Re: Fixing Broken Wire and warranty policy
Post by: Runway 31 on April 15, 2010, 06:36:34 AM
I believe UK consumer law states that your contract is with the person you bought the goods from not the manufacturer, so contact the supplier.  It wil also depend on whether it was a manufacturing defect or through negligence.  If it was a defect you will get a replacement, if neglect you will not.

There is plenty of matter on the internet telling you about your consumer rights.
Title: Re: Fixing Broken Wire and warranty policy
Post by: eggplant on April 15, 2010, 05:31:01 PM
Quote from: southwest125 on April 13, 2010, 12:53:58 AM
I bought my Radarbox about a month ago. Yet, today the wire that connects the antenna to the actual box broke. Am I still under warranty? How can I get the wire fixed?


Thanks,
Ben

You do seem rather unlucky considering that you have already reported a damaged antenna connector in this thread !

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4688.0 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4688.0)