Today's noon charts indicate a distinct north/south split developing for the UK. This seems to put Manchester in the clear which should provide further opportunities for dealing with some of the transatlantic backlog.
However venturing into Europe looks extremely unlikely for a while yet.
http://metoffice.com/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271417376.png
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
This looks like the UK could be completely shut down again by late Satuday.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271463398.png (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271463398.png)
Here is 0600 today. No question that things are getting worse and looks like a blanket from norway to the med by tonight.
I was watching the live link to the volcano last evening. Wow - that thing is slinging up some muck and no mistake.
http://metoffice.com/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271483349.png
Plume forecast at 1200 today suggests this thing is going to spread out west across the Atlantic towards newfoundland while still covering central europe.
Seems to be getting worse, not better. Without a sudden and substantial shift in the winds, we're on for a long haul.
http://metoffice.com/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271508253.png
I was just about to post the same.
It seems that there is no chance of an improvement on the horizon. I have a family member who was due to be flying back from the Caribbean on Tuesday with BA. It now looks like we will have to rebook to Saturday as soon as BA cancel the flight.
Update for 1800 today. Still spreading west across the atlantic and south into Italy. Rock solid over Europe.
Hi,
the last Met chart.
Regards
http://metoffice.com/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271527299.png
Sunday 0600 to midnight - no significant change.
Another source I have seen forecasts intensification of the density of the ash cloud as a new plume feeds in.
http://metoffice.com/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271569746.png
Looks like Scottish airspace may be clear of the ash by 06:00Z tomorrow.
http://metoffice.com/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271676889.png
Quote from: tarbat on April 19, 2010, 01:57:15 PM
Looks like Scottish airspace may be clear of the ash by 06:00Z tomorrow.
http://metoffice.com/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271676889.png
Looking at that chart would it be possible to take off from Glasgow, climb to FL40 then fly over the strip of restricted area between 60N and 50N? Everything I've heard states no contamination above FL35.
BTW I see the plume chaser D-CALM is out and about again. Busy lad these days.