AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: RobinB on April 18, 2010, 11:07:57 AM

Title: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: RobinB on April 18, 2010, 11:07:57 AM
Hello

I am thinking of getting radarbox.

I am located just outside Alicante in Spain so on the inland flightpath of airport.

Is there a way to see where receivers are in Spain before I commit to purchase box & software. ?

Also how easy is it to connect to other networks other than the one provided ?


Many thanks
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: RodBearden on April 18, 2010, 11:50:23 AM
Hi RobinB

There's a live network user map here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/network2.php

I don't do it myself, but from what I rea don this forum it's pretty easy to connect to other networks, such as PlanePlotter - check out the many PnenePlotter threads.

Hope that helps

Rod
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: RobinB on April 18, 2010, 11:56:37 AM
Thanks Rod.

Thats helpful, several in Spain.

None in UK (guess they are all gone outside and switched) off computers for a few days :-)
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: RodBearden on April 18, 2010, 12:05:34 PM
There are of course hundreds in the UK and northern Europe, but with nothing to report, the AirNav map obviously doesn't record them :-)

Rod
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: Jeremy on April 18, 2010, 12:06:14 PM
Not sure the network locations is working. I can't imagine that nobody is watching in the UK. I am for a start and am not spotted.
J.
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: RodBearden on April 18, 2010, 12:10:01 PM
Jeremy - I'm pretty sure that the AirNav map is just showing boxes that are sending information, not boxes that are online and set to share data. With no data to share, the boxes that are online just aren't showing up.

Rod
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: Jeremy on April 18, 2010, 12:15:21 PM
OK. Hadn't thought about it like that. Logical.
J.
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: AirNav Development on April 18, 2010, 12:42:33 PM
"I'm pretty sure that the AirNav map is just showing boxes that are sending information"

This is correct.
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: Mike_Tassy on April 19, 2010, 10:40:17 AM
So, I dont have a network subscription, and I am sharing data.  My location doesnt show on the map  - TASMANIA, AUSTRALIA.    Does anybody see my data at all ??

Mike
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: RodBearden on April 19, 2010, 11:55:45 AM
Hi Mike - yes, we are getting data from Tasmania. Can't tell who its from (maybe there are other RB users around??). Many thanks for sharing, anyway!

Rod
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: Aerotower on April 19, 2010, 07:34:14 PM
See my web page www.aerotower.x10hosting.com now shows Portugal and Spain.
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: RobinB on April 19, 2010, 08:53:17 PM
I have been looking at different makes/model of receivers.

It has been suggested that ones that use USB interface are prone to lockup of USB and have to be restarted every day (along with computer).

Anyone actually have to do this ?

Thanks

Robin..
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: Allocator on April 19, 2010, 09:46:00 PM
Quote from: RobinB on April 19, 2010, 08:53:17 PM
I have been looking at different makes/model of receivers.

It has been suggested that ones that use USB interface are prone to lockup of USB and have to be restarted every day (along with computer).

Anyone actually have to do this ?

Thanks

Robin..

Nope, my USB connection on 3 PC's works just fine :-)

This problem is usually down to PC power saving settings or automated Windows updates in the middle of the night.
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: juangelb on April 19, 2010, 09:48:29 PM
Hi RobinB

I have two Radaboxes running 24 X 7 here in Brazil feeding real time Radar and audio at http://www.maquinasvoadoras.com.br  Select RADAR and choose one.
(needed Internet Explorer)
I never had the problem You are talking about.
I.E never need to reboot something but the windows updates.

Cheers : Juan
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: AirNav Development on April 19, 2010, 10:35:41 PM
Quote from: RobinB on April 19, 2010, 08:53:17 PM
It has been suggested that ones that use USB interface are prone to lockup of USB and have to be restarted every day (along with computer).

Robin first of all welcome to the forum. We have RadarBox units working H24 on remote locations and managed/working for professional aviation companies airlines and some of them aren't rebooted for periods longer than 1 month.
Title: Re: Thinking of getting radarbox
Post by: radarspotter10 on April 19, 2010, 11:07:43 PM
Quote from: RobinB on April 19, 2010, 08:53:17 PM
I have been looking at different makes/model of receivers.

It has been suggested that ones that use USB interface are prone to lockup of USB and have to be restarted every day (along with computer).

Anyone actually have to do this ?

Thanks

Robin..

Hi.
I leave my airnav on for weeks/months,  i had your problem once i forget to pay the electricity bill.
FROM PAT