AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Mike_Tassy on April 19, 2010, 10:58:51 AM

Title: BEAM FOR ADS-B
Post by: Mike_Tassy on April 19, 2010, 10:58:51 AM

I have designed and built an 8 element beam for ADS-B
Simple to build - no guesswork, no tuning  - designed with MMANA  Antenna file here
http://www.users.on.net/~silver.eagle/8EL_ADS-B.maa (http://www.users.on.net/~silver.eagle/8EL_ADS-B.maa)

Just right click / save file as



(http://www.users.on.net/~silver.eagle/images/ADS-B_8EL.JPG)




Most of my signals come from the Nth/NTH-E of here.  I have a homebuilt collinear which works fantastic, and this beam increases the plots on the edge of range.  250-300 nm
This might be the answer for some users with difficult locations

Note -  The elements are 2 mm diameter copper wire  THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
Different size wire will affect performance

Mike 
Title: Re: BEAM FOR ADS-B
Post by: g0seg on April 19, 2010, 11:09:19 AM
Hi Mike, good for you. Why don`t you put the design for the collinear as well? I`ll knock one of these up and let you know how it runs - although at the moment i`m only tracking birds!! Bi now and thanks, Roger
Title: Re: BEAM FOR ADS-B
Post by: Mike_Tassy on April 19, 2010, 01:20:06 PM
This is the collinear I built, works fantastic

http://tech-software.net/ (http://tech-software.net/)

Just scroll down towards the bottom of the page -  "1090 mhz vertical"


Heres a similar design

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.airlomba.net/index.php%3Fpag%3Dprojects&ei=TtrIS5-XFo7u7AOulPnMDA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CAoQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3DAirlomba%2BDevelopment%2BBureau%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG (http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.airlomba.net/index.php%3Fpag%3Dprojects&ei=TtrIS5-XFo7u7AOulPnMDA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CAoQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3DAirlomba%2BDevelopment%2BBureau%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG)

Mike
Title: Re: BEAM FOR ADS-B
Post by: juangelb on April 19, 2010, 02:22:31 PM
Hi Mike_Tassy

Nice beam... but I was unable to get the file 8EL_ADS-B.maa
By the way, could You tell me what extention is maa ?

Thanks in advance. Juan
Title: Re: BEAM FOR ADS-B
Post by: Mike_Tassy on April 20, 2010, 02:32:12 AM
I fixed the link to  8EL_ADS-B .maa   file above
It is antenna model file for MMANA the antenna modelling program

http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmana-gal.php (http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmana-gal.php)

Mike
Title: Re: BEAM FOR ADS-B
Post by: juangelb on April 20, 2010, 05:31:07 AM
Hi Mike_Tassy

Thaks. Already downloaded the file and MMANA.
Tomorrow I will try to make the antenna.

Best regards.
Title: Re: BEAM FOR ADS-B
Post by: HermanZA on November 13, 2014, 10:09:07 PM
Mike_Tassy, 
Are you still using that original antenna design of yours?  Do you have any more information to share with us, like performance, range, beam width, etc?