AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Canonjohns40D on April 27, 2010, 10:18:34 PM

Title: Reporter and Grids
Post by: Canonjohns40D on April 27, 2010, 10:18:34 PM
Hi i had earlier this evening aboout 1700 flights recorded on reporter and the grids showing 760 aircraft. About my normal recently.

Anyhow having been out for a while tonight i have just noted an amaziing 27968 logged on reporter and the grids show 118 aircraft. All my earlier log has gone and these 27 thousand have been generated between 21.06 and 22.00 tonight. All multiple entries for each of the 118 aircraft.

Any thoughts please?

john
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: tarbat on April 27, 2010, 10:20:55 PM
Sounds like a database corruption problem maybe?  Have you made any updates to the database(s) outside of Radarbox - in SQLiteMaestro for example?
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: Canonjohns40D on April 27, 2010, 10:24:14 PM
Hi Tarbat

no I'm kinda scared to touch it at all. I take it i could deete the database as i have a copy backed up?

john
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: Canonjohns40D on April 28, 2010, 07:00:46 AM
Hi having run RB overnight as always i have logged 48500 plus aircraft. I have decided to shut down until i get home from work. Any advice on how to reset the log would be greatly appreciated.

John
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: Canonjohns40D on April 28, 2010, 06:00:22 PM
Bump

Aaarrrggggggghh!!!!!!! Hi Airnav anyone please can you tell me how to stop this errant log. Over 175000 logged today now and i only turned it on 10 minutes ago.

Please how do I reset the log or stop this.

John
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: DaveReid on April 28, 2010, 06:07:45 PM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on April 28, 2010, 06:00:22 PMPlease how do I reset the log or stop this.

I'd suggest a reinstall, that will fix any data corruption issues.
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: abrad41 on April 28, 2010, 06:14:23 PM
Canonjohn40D

Were you looking for empty log or something else.

Andy
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: Canonjohns40D on April 28, 2010, 06:30:34 PM
Hi the log is corrupted and I had hoped I wouldn't need to reinstall. However i'm goint o go for that option thanks for the help.

John
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: tarbat on April 29, 2010, 08:40:00 AM
I think, if you delete the MyLog.db3 file Radarbox will create a new, empty one when it starts-up.

I might be wrong, but it's worth a try.  Probably best to just rename the file, to something like MyLog.bak, and see what happens when you startup Radarbox.
Title: Re: Reporter and Grids
Post by: Canonjohns40D on April 29, 2010, 12:59:00 PM
Thanks Tarbat

I did a complete reinstall and it seems ok now. However I'll bear in mind your thoughts if required in the future, heres hoping it wont be necessary.