AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: eggplant on April 30, 2010, 09:30:54 PM

Title: JA8941 - 86EEFD
Post by: eggplant on April 30, 2010, 09:30:54 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone might have logged this aircraft in UK airspace recently. I understand it is currently adorned with a livery depicting the Japanese cartoon character Doraemon, to celebrate his 30 year anniversary. My son is half-asian and is a big fan of Doraemon, so I was thinking if I tracked it en route to LHR I would take him to an arrival to see it. I checked my logs and have no trace of it whatsoever. I did read a report on the web somewhere that JAL are planning to keep it in Japan, but as it is a Boeing 777 I thought it might sometime do long hauls to europe.

So, has anyone seen it and/or logged it in UK ? Maybe I missed it - or maybe it really is staying on Japanese domestic routes.

Thanks in advance
Title: Re: JA8941 - 86EEFD
Post by: DaveG on April 30, 2010, 09:40:17 PM
Not in any of my logs

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Japan-Airlines--/Boeing-777-346/1674988/L/&sid=f006759af7107bb8607655a1cda0d515

Or buy him the model:  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JC-Wings-400-JAL-B777-300-Doraemon-JA8941-JC4123-/330427604904
Title: Re: JA8941 - 86EEFD
Post by: eggplant on April 30, 2010, 11:05:51 PM
Thanks for the reply DaveG - I guess the Doraemon aircraft is not likely to be in our neck of the woods then it seems. Thanks for your links, I might just invest in the model - though at the price on eBay he'll have to wait until his birthday !

Cheers
Title: Re: JA8941 - 86EEFD
Post by: HKG on May 01, 2010, 02:12:42 AM
JA8941 is a high density domestic 777 which does not fly outside of Japan... Sadly this is the case for nearly all of the special liveries carried by Japanese airlines.