AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: HDKey on May 04, 2010, 03:51:38 PM

Title: Google Earth Plugin problem
Post by: HDKey on May 04, 2010, 03:51:38 PM
Hi, all

Have just installed RadarBox for the first time. When I select 3D map all I get is a globe and a message that the facility is only available for Windows or Mac OSs. I'm running Windows XP SP3. I've tried reloading the plugin from Preferences and this screen but no joy. A temporary install on a Windows 7 laptop runs fine.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Title: Re: Google Earth Plugin problem
Post by: Jeremy on May 04, 2010, 04:35:22 PM
Try clicking on the HOME button (middle top), assuming you have home set.
Title: Re: Google Earth Plugin problem
Post by: HDKey on May 04, 2010, 08:03:00 PM
Jeremy replied:
"Try clicking on the HOME button (middle top), assuming you have home set"

Tried that - HOME was already set. Result the same. I should add that the full OS description is Windows XP SP3 Media Centre.

I've tried re-installing Google Chrome which also gave me the option of installing the plugin. Still no joy.

Is the inclusion of Media Centre in the system OS description misleading any interrogation thus generating the response that the plugin is only available for Windows or MACs. I wonder?

Thanks for the response Jeremy.

Phil G7BSL
Title: Re: Google Earth Plugin problem
Post by: AirNav Support on May 04, 2010, 08:44:55 PM
Google Earth plugin only works with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7. It won't work with Media centre I am afraid which explains your error.

We are checking whether there is a work around.
Title: Re: Google Earth Plugin problem
Post by: HDKey on May 05, 2010, 03:47:01 PM
Oh hum...

I look forward to hearing if you can come up with a workaround.

Failing that, anyone know how to remove the MEDIA CENTRE element without re-installing!!

Phil