AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Chris11 on May 17, 2010, 01:33:46 PM

Title: Hardware Disconnecting
Post by: Chris11 on May 17, 2010, 01:33:46 PM
I am having a problem that on an irregular basis the hardware is showing as disconnected. Normally after a long time of (computer) inactivity. If I pull out the USB plug and put it in again then it connects immediately. Looks like the USB could be going to sleep. Is there a power saving setting somewhere that needs to be changed.

Win 7
Title: Re: Hardware Disconnecting
Post by: tarbat on May 17, 2010, 01:38:41 PM
Not sure where in Win7, but you need to check the power management settings on the PC's USB hubs - in Device Manager.
Title: Re: Hardware Disconnecting
Post by: bratters on May 17, 2010, 02:45:07 PM
Look out also for electrical interference from another source Chris. My box used to switch off when my central heating switched on/off, the USB running close to the central heating controls in the airing cupboard.
Title: Re: Hardware Disconnecting
Post by: Chris11 on May 17, 2010, 07:57:49 PM
Thanks - Currently in a hotel room with no electrics on and it happened again. When I get home I will try with all the local electrics off an se if that helps
Title: Re: Hardware Disconnecting
Post by: eggplant on May 17, 2010, 08:55:35 PM
This has been reported loads of times... I suffered it too for about six months. I checked all the USB power settings and the problem persisted. Changed the USB cable to to a higher quality shielded one with a ferrite choke and no more problems in the last year or so.