Dear All,
I am looking to replace the Airnav PC with a better spec machine.
Being as i always run Airnav in 3D mode I suspect a good processer speed and graphics
card will be required.
What would be the minimum specification needed.
any suggestions would be appreciated.
Kind Regards
Paul
MW0CVW
EGGP/EGNR
As per the requirements on the 3D webiste
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or 7
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz+ or AMD 2400xp+
RAM: 512MB
Hard Disk: 2GB free space
Network Speed (for 3D): 768 Kbits/sec
Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 32MB of VRAM
Screen: 1280x1024
3D: Requires a permanent internet connection
Hi
Just to clarify the specification issue. I am using a laptop with the following spec.
AMD Turion (64) ii x2 M500. 2.2 Ghz, 1MB L2 cache
ATi Radeon HD 4200 Graphics card
4GB memory
500GB HDD.
When I set the 3D performance to Maximum on network planes, the laptop virtually freezes.
Is this because the processor isn't fast enough. What update rates would you suggest to enable my laptop to work in this mode.
I don't think that my laptop is a poor specification machine, there must be users out there with older pc's that manage to use the maximum settings.
Thanks
Alan
AlanF,
Its hard to say an exact spec as it depends on the amount of traffic you get.
If you had only 3 or 4 aircraft showing at one time the minimum spec would be enough to run it at max. However if you have 40+ planes showing at once with quick updates rates and at max settings you will then of course run into problems.
You will need to play with the 3D settings to see which settings give you best visuals and best performance.