AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Roadrunner on February 26, 2008, 12:25:27 PM

Title: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: Roadrunner on February 26, 2008, 12:25:27 PM
Hi all,

With V1.4 imminent and having had my Radarbox used on a laptop for the last 9 months I have finally decided to get a new desktop PC to run it. I dont like using the laptop 24/7 and daughters keep nicking it to surf the web while visiting!  Only thing is my current main PC and my laptop are running XP and the new PC I am getting is Vista :-(.

Questions - are there any special things I need to watch with Vista.

Will the AirNav system allow me to have a copy of RadarBox on what will be a third PC.

Hopefully the PC and V1.4 will arrive around the same time so I am really getting excited about the next week or so and any poiunters with Vista would be appreciated.

Title: Re: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: AirNav Support on February 26, 2008, 12:33:13 PM
Should be no problem. Just right click on the icon and select run with admin rights as Vista gets a bit upset when software is not run as admin.
Title: Re: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: Allocator on February 26, 2008, 12:58:45 PM
Quote from: Roadrunner on February 26, 2008, 12:25:27 PM
Will the AirNav system allow me to have a copy of RadarBox on what will be a third PC.

I don't think that this will be a problem, as you won't get much out of the Radarbox software without the hardware (receiver) connected :-)
Title: Re: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: Roadrunner on February 26, 2008, 07:18:51 PM
Quote from: Allocator on February 26, 2008, 12:58:45 PM
I don't think that this will be a problem, as you won't get much out of the Radarbox software without the hardware (receiver) connected :-)

Will I need to use the original disc from June last year and then go through 1.3 to 1.4 (if it is out by then) and also will my Radarbox retain the latest firmwear that I have loaded while using it on the laptop so that that step will not need to be repeated?
Title: Re: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: Allocator on February 26, 2008, 07:35:52 PM
RoadRunner,

I believe that the V1.4 is a completely new install into a separate directory.

The firmware you have in your RadarBox, assuming it is the latest version - the V1.3 upgrade, will be retained - you won't need to do anything to your box.

Title: Re: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: Roadrunner on February 27, 2008, 07:22:52 PM
Thanks Allocator,

Much appreciated. One thing is still worrying me and that is the USB drivers. As I have the new firmware will I need to load the disc (and drivers) then 1.3 and then the drivers from that later issue or can I just wait and load 1.4 when it arrives, without any of the other stuff?
Title: Re: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: piper-pilot on February 28, 2008, 04:11:17 PM
If you install what you have you can upgrade. All versions work fine in Vista

But as support says

Should be no problem. Just right click on the icon and select run with admin rights as Vista gets a bit upset when software is not run as admin.

Regards
Title: Re: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: Roadrunner on February 28, 2008, 07:56:00 PM
Thanks all.

My new PC arrives Monday so I should get a chance to have RB running on the new PC just in time for v1.4 !  Cant wait !
Title: Re: RadarBox and Vista
Post by: Roadrunner on March 01, 2008, 11:00:58 AM
Actually got my new PC today and followed the comments on this thread. Had the program running within five. minutes. Started with the v1.3 download, which allowed connection to the current drivers etc with no hassles at all!.  One thing I did forget first time was starting RB with Administrator rights :-(

Is the problem with the admin rights fixed on v1.4?