AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: AlanF on May 23, 2010, 09:35:03 AM

Title: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: AlanF on May 23, 2010, 09:35:03 AM
Hi

Still hoping someone can take me through the procedure of using the smaller spheres or cones on the 3D map. I have got all the relevant small spheres and cones in the Data/Assets folder. what I don't understand is how do you change the default size to the small size on the map.

Help!!!! please

Alan
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: Jeremy on May 23, 2010, 09:55:48 AM
If the files are in the correct folder then the spheres should automatically re sized. You may have to remove the original files.
J.
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: AlanF on May 23, 2010, 03:29:26 PM
Hi Jeremy

Knowing my luck with computers if I remove the originals, I will probably end up with nothing at all showing. When you say get rid, what do you actually mean? Completely delete them from the file. Sorry if I seem a bit vague, but this is unknown and dangerous territory for me!

Thanks
Alan
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: tarbat on May 23, 2010, 03:34:28 PM
If you've put them in the DATA/ASSETS folder, then they should just appear when you re-boot Radarbox.

Or are you running Windows Vista or Windows 7?  If so, then if you've installed RB in the default location, you'll need to put them in the equivalent folders located in Windows' Virtual Store.

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AirNav Systems\........
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: AlanF on May 23, 2010, 04:53:19 PM
Hi Tarbat

Thanks. I am actually using Windows 7. Unfortunately when it comes to doing things "under the bonnet" I am quite a novice. I would be grateful if you could actually talk me through what needs doing. I have never even heard of Windows Virtual Store, let alone know where to find it. Is it just the new small spheres that need moving. If so how do I go about it? Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Alan
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: tarbat on May 23, 2010, 05:53:31 PM
Alan, I only know how it works in Vista, maybe someone with Windows 7 can check that Win 7 is the same.

The Windows Virtual Store is located at C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\
where xxxxxxxx is you Windows account name.

Then copy the spheres to Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\Data\Assets in the Virtual Store.

Even better would be if Airnav changed their installation routine so that it doesn't install Radarbox in the Program Files folder.  How about it Airnav, I've lost count of the number of times we've had to explain the Virtual Store.
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: AirNav Support on May 23, 2010, 06:32:33 PM
We will look into that. Though on the top of our heads I think Vista/Windows 7 sees it as a risky program if it trys to install outside virtual store.
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: tarbat on May 23, 2010, 08:44:15 PM
Quote from: AirNav Support on May 23, 2010, 06:32:33 PMThough on the top of our heads I think Vista/Windows 7 sees it as a risky program if it trys to install outside virtual store.

Never had any problems installing RB (and other programs) outside the Program Files folder.  Suggest a default installation of C:\Airnav Systems.  It's bad practice to implement an application that makes constant updates to files in the Program Files folder.

Just think it will stop all those forum posts asking where to find the database, photos, 3D models, flags, logos, etc.etc.etc.etc.

And I bet not many people setup a virus scan exception for the Radarbox files in the virtual store, and wonder why performance is so bad!!
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: AlanF on May 26, 2010, 04:27:40 PM
Hi

Finally managed to change to the smaller spheres and cones on the 3D map. Makes a big difference to the amount of clutter on the screen.Thanks to Tricatus for your support. Also thanks to Tarbat, decided not to go down the route of using Windows Virtual Store. I went into a cold sweat at the thought of trying to fight my way through your welcome, but "highly technical" advise (for me anyway!)
Once again many thanks to everyone for the help.

Regards
Alan
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: Bob SEN on June 07, 2010, 06:24:33 PM
Hi all,

is there a link to the "small sphere" files please?........... I did a search but nowt comes up & the link to the http://www.airnavutilities.co.uk/ doesnt appear to be working.......... for me anyway??......... many thanks for any help you can give..

Zeek
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: RodBearden on June 07, 2010, 06:48:51 PM
Hi Zeek and welcome to the forum

You'll find all the links you need on this thread:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4667.msg49586#msg49586

Hope that helps

Rod
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: Bob SEN on June 07, 2010, 07:14:03 PM
Quote from: RodBearden on June 07, 2010, 06:48:51 PM
Hi Zeek and welcome to the forum

You'll find all the links you need on this thread:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4667.msg49586#msg49586

Hope that helps

Rod
Hi Rod, many many thanks for the welcome & the link.... all installed & looking a whole lot better........ next question is for advice on an outside antenna & best coax & connectors!!!.............. am I asking a lot here???........ lol

Zeek...... ;-)
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: RodBearden on June 07, 2010, 11:19:55 PM
Zeek - glad to help - as to aerials etc, there are lots of threads on the forum - search for DPD, Airbandonline, etc etc. There are so many things to consider.

Once you've read the first 50 or so threads on the subject, if you still have questions, start another thread ;-)

Good luck

Rod
Title: Re: 3D spheres smaller size
Post by: Bob SEN on June 08, 2010, 06:08:54 AM
Quote from: RodBearden on June 07, 2010, 11:19:55 PM
Zeek - glad to help - as to aerials etc, there are lots of threads on the forum - search for DPD, Airbandonline, etc etc. There are so many things to consider.

Once you've read the first 50 or so threads on the subject, if you still have questions, start another thread ;-)

Good luck

Rod
Cheers Rod...........i'll be back in about a month or so then!!!.......... ;-)