AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: ettrick on May 28, 2010, 06:38:37 AM

Title: Maps won't come up !!
Post by: ettrick on May 28, 2010, 06:38:37 AM
Hello, When I load up THE PROG. it won,t load up  any maps at all  [just a white screen ].
It says Creating Map then white screen where map should be ! !

Now..... when I do a fresh install [after uninstalling]..the world map comes up ok ....BUT the next time I load up,,,,,, NO MAP .............VERY STRANGE.

Apart from the map problem .every thing OK .    it used to work OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Using Vista  and latest version of Radar Box .

Any ideas 

Many Thanks   
Ogilvie
Title: Re: Maps won't come up !!
Post by: AirNav Support on May 28, 2010, 07:30:31 AM
Strange, have you tried right clicking on the RadarBox and running as admin?
Title: Re: Maps won't come up !!
Post by: Marpleman on May 28, 2010, 10:43:49 AM
ettrick

Funny one this, I've experienced this about 4 or 5 times this week, however I've basically had to close the program down via task manager , as the software has become "unresponsive" (also using #Vista)

I've then re-opened and it's been fine.

I've just put it down to my laptop getting a bit tired?

I didn't bother with any re-installations though

Rich
Title: Re: Maps won't come up !!
Post by: ettrick on May 28, 2010, 02:22:48 PM
Thanks Airnav !!   it works !!!    Now why should it work only when you open prog .using "right click and Run as Administrator "  ???????????
cheers

Ogilvie
Title: Re: Maps won't come up !!
Post by: tarbat on May 28, 2010, 02:24:48 PM
The Vista FAQ explains - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1570.0

"You might prefer to install in a different location outside your virtual store to prevent security issues ........."

I would guess that your Vista account doesn't have Admin privileges.