AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Dean on June 10, 2010, 03:52:19 PM

Title: Book recommendation please
Post by: Dean on June 10, 2010, 03:52:19 PM
I note the thread about AirNav support books, however that's not what I want.

I want a book that explains how it all comes together. i.e. including how ATC works, how the flights use the different waypoints, vectors, flight corridors and all the other things they need to get from A to B.

I don't want to learn actual navigation but more the overall concepts. I hope that makes sense.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Dean
Title: Re: Book recommendation please
Post by: DaveReid on June 10, 2010, 04:04:52 PM
Graham Duke: Air Traffic Control, available on Amazon.
Title: Re: Book recommendation please
Post by: Dean on June 10, 2010, 05:42:26 PM
Thanks - found that for just short of £6 on Amazon - ordered it so hopefully I'll get a better understanding of the screen when read.
Title: Re: Book recommendation please
Post by: anorak on June 10, 2010, 07:36:54 PM
Can I borrow it when you`ve done?
Title: Re: Book recommendation please
Post by: eggplant on June 11, 2010, 10:31:02 PM
Would you mind if I borrow it after you Anorak ? Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Book recommendation please
Post by: sandhl on June 13, 2010, 11:29:55 AM
Also saw the following book on Amazon.

Air Traffic Control Handbook: The Complete Guide for All Aviation and Air Band Enthusiasts by David J. Smith

Does anyone have a view on both books and how they compare.