AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: AirNav Development on March 01, 2008, 07:34:05 PM

Title: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: AirNav Development on March 01, 2008, 07:34:05 PM
AirNav Systems continues to develop new and diverse worldwide marketing procedures facing the expected market competition.

We would like to inform on several important steps that will be taken next Monday:

- Management of AirNav RadarBox UK's and Worldwide distribution network will be switched to Waters & Stanton - UK's leading suppliers of amateur and professional radio equipment, GPS, Marine and Aeronautical systems.

- New RadarBox Low Price: to be announced Monday.

- Release of the new "AirNav RadarBox 2008" software version: by far the most advanced flight tracking system ever developed for the enthusiast and professional user (to be launched during next week). Totally free upgrade to all existing users.

Major features/changes include:
- All databases in SQLite format - 60% less memory used;
- Totally compatible with all existing available Addons: data share data on port 30003;
- New MyLog feature - almost an application inside another application with reports, alerts, filtering and populate capabilities;
- New Airline Logos - now with over 1200 airline logos;
- Faster application startup and CPU usage reduced in 50%;
- New Alert type based on Squawk;
- New Alert type to execute an external program;
- New startup parameters to automate application usage;
- Pan Map with active flight: easier flight tracking;
- New ADS-B Mode-S filter;

And all the old features that made AirNav RadarBox the most popular mode-s/ADS-B receiver on the market including the unique "AirNav RadarBox Network" with more than 1000 flights in peak times.

At AirNav Systems we always accomplish what we promise.

On behalf of all the AirNav Systems team thanks for the success the product has had and be sure that we will continue to do our best to meet all our user's needs.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: doro on March 01, 2008, 08:06:02 PM
:)
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: AirNav Development on March 01, 2008, 09:25:59 PM
Adding to the above and related to many users who have contacted us:

AirNav Systems decided to change the distributor network to Waters & Stanton from ML&S due to commercial reasons. Waters & Stanton is widely known as the major UK suppliers of amateur and professional radio equipment, GPS, Marine and Aeronautical systems.

This was solely an AirNav Systems decision passed to ML&S on February 29th and effective March 1st 2008. The previous distributor (ML&S) was interested in continuing this partnership (ML&S ordered more units from AirNav Systems on Feb 21st which were not delivered). AirNav Systems offered ML&S the possibility of being retailers only. We are still waiting for a response.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: lennox2604 on March 01, 2008, 09:44:46 PM
I see Radar Box 2008 will use Port 30003 to feed data

If we use SBS and Radarbox  on port 30003 will the information coming out of the 2 units clash
Does this mean we have to choose which unit to have switched on

I look foward to Monday

SQB data at last



Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: AirNav Development on March 01, 2008, 09:50:56 PM
AirNav RadarBox tries to access port 30003 on application startup for sharing flight data. If it can't it will will share on port 40004.

It has to work like this since most addons are hard coded for port 30003 only.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: juangelb on March 01, 2008, 10:30:12 PM
GOOD, GOOD, VERY GOOD NEWS REGARDING AIRNAV 2008 !!!

I even cannot wait for this.... to be available ...

Congratulatios to all developing people at Airnav Systems !
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: tarbat on March 01, 2008, 10:36:47 PM
AirNav are to be congratulated for listening to their user base, and developing high quality software.  Well done to everyone at AirNav, you're a joy to work with!!!
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: walfisch on March 01, 2008, 10:49:49 PM
Wellcome all the new "Alpha Number One"- Users !
Good to know, that waiting is allways the best solution ;-)
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: tarbat on March 01, 2008, 11:25:52 PM
Quote from: AirNav Development on March 01, 2008, 07:34:05 PM
- New RadarBox Low Price: to be announced Monday.

Looks like ML&S have already made the price cut on their website - http://www.hamradio.co.uk/acatalog/Av_RD_AirNav_Systems.html#a543

And so have Waters & Stanton - http://www.wsplc.com/

That's the second time I've been caught out by a price cut.  I bought an SBS-1 a week before they dropped their price, and now I've only had my Radarbox 3 weeks and the price has dropped.  Never mind though, the Radarbox is great!!!  And with a lower price, we should get even more users on the Radarbox network.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: mt007 on March 02, 2008, 02:41:02 AM
If price is down im one of this guys who goes buying, :):)
Thx, Airnav.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: AirNav Development on March 02, 2008, 05:30:31 AM
Price is already down!

Have a look at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=512.0
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: Marinus on March 02, 2008, 08:04:01 AM
Congrats Airnav,

I'm sure the downed price will contribute to the succes of the Airnav
Radarbox as will your new UK distributor.
Looking forward to installing the 2008 version of the software this
week.

All the best,

Marinus.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: Roadrunner on March 02, 2008, 09:47:23 AM
Just one point that could worry people who have already purchased a Radarbox from ML&S - who will be their port of call should something go wrong with the item.
This is purely out of interest as I purchased my unit direct from AirNav in June last year. :-)
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: EINN-07 on March 02, 2008, 10:14:01 AM
Congrats to all at AirNav for the new release. I've been using AirNav products now for ten years and they just keep getting better and better so this is sure not to disappoint.
The developers are to be applauded for sticking to their guns and not releasing a product before they were 150% happy it was perfect.

Gerry
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: AirNav Support on March 02, 2008, 12:45:46 PM
Roadrunner,

You can either contact them or us. Either way you will get a fast response. You are under warranty with us regardless where you bought from.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: Roland28 on March 02, 2008, 01:08:22 PM
It seems that I bought my RB a week too early, I had been holding off since Oct 07.
I had been also wondering why Waters and Stanton were not a supplier of the RB, I even checked their website a couple of weeks ago.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: bembridge on March 23, 2008, 09:23:25 AM
Keen on buying thr Radarbox.  Trouble is I not so good with computers.  I was assuming that I would just plug into a USB port on my computer.  Then I see Port 30003 and Port 40004 mentioned.  Don't know what this is all about.  Will I just be able to plug into a USB port, or have I got to do some more research.  Any help appeciated

Bembridge
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: Deadcalm on March 23, 2008, 09:42:43 AM
I'm a new user - very simple, just install the software, plug in the USB cable (provided), screw on the antenna connector - and go !

DC
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: Allocator on March 23, 2008, 09:50:04 AM
Quote from: bembridge on March 23, 2008, 09:23:25 AM
Keen on buying thr Radarbox.  Trouble is I not so good with computers.  I was assuming that I would just plug into a USB port on my computer.  Then I see Port 30003 and Port 40004 mentioned.  Don't know what this is all about.  Will I just be able to plug into a USB port, or have I got to do some more research.  Any help appeciated

Bembridge

RadarBox is easy to set up and run.  A lot of the complicated chat here on the forum comes from us fanatics who just want to do more and more with RadarBox :-)

RadarBox does output data on ports 7879 and 30003, but this is to allow programmers to write software add-ons that will work with RadarBox.  In normal use, you wouldn't even know it was there.

Take a look at the frequently asked questions (FAQ) here:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

In the unlikely event that you do have any problems setting RadarBox up, there are loads of people here on the forum who will help.

All the best

Allocator
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: bembridge on March 24, 2008, 06:16:30 PM
This site has really got me "Hooked on the Radarbox,  Got a question.  I live on the Isle of Wight.  Unfortunately I know of no one on the island or in the Southampton, Portsmouth area's that I can visit for a live demo.

  At the present time I listen to aircraft mainly on 135.050 MHz bound to and from the UK.  Would I be able to listen to the voice comms  and view the aircraft on the Radarbox screen  at the same time ?  Also what is the cost of the ACARS interface program and is it available from W & S.  Also is the flight number displayed on the screen.   Guess there my be some more questions from me in the near future.

Bembridge 
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: Allocator on March 24, 2008, 06:33:38 PM
Quote from: bembridge on March 24, 2008, 06:16:30 PM
This site has really got me "Hooked on the Radarbox,  Got a question.  I live on the Isle of Wight.  Unfortunately I know of no one on the island or in the Southampton, Portsmouth area's that I can visit for a live demo.

  At the present time I listen to aircraft mainly on 135.050 MHz bound to and from the UK.  Would I be able to listen to the voice comms  and view the aircraft on the Radarbox screen  at the same time ?  Also what is the cost of the ACARS interface program and is it available from W & S.  Also is the flight number displayed on the screen.   Guess there my be some more questions from me in the near future.

Bembridge 


Benbridge, here is a screenshot of the IOW area taken a few minutes ago.  The traffic with a "*" after the callsign is Network traffic, that without is traffic I'm detecting using my RadarBox antenna here in Shrewsbury.  You can see the flight numbers on the map and in the aircraft list, note EZY 136Q just approaching the IOW from the SW.  Not all aircraft display Flight Numbers, if the pilot has put it in, you will see it.

You can listen to any ATC frequency you like, as there is no connection between RadarBox and your radio scanner.


(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2358899856_a2a6561681.jpg)

Click on the link below to see the full size screenshot:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2358899856_0334e31203_o.jpg

See here for the cost of ACARS Decoder - note that it is a 6-month reoccurring subscription.  Decoder is only available as a download from the AirNav website.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/order.html
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: AirNav Support on March 24, 2008, 06:35:34 PM
Bembridge,

View the screenshots section for pictures around your area. With a good antenna location you should be able to pick Gatwick arrivals and departures as well Heathrow if the Downs don't get in the way too much. As well as into Northern France.

Yes with your Airband Radio you can tune to that frequency and see them Live on RadarBox. It does display the Flight Number, Aircraft Registration, Speed, Flight Level etc.. see the screenshots forum for more details.

The ACARS software is only available from our site and the cost is £18 per 6 months.

Hope that helps.
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: bembridge on March 24, 2008, 07:13:32 PM
Thank you for the replies.  All so detailed and very much appreciated.  guess I will placing an order this coming week.  Once againg many thanks

Bembridge
Title: Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
Post by: Deadcalm on March 25, 2008, 09:01:04 AM
Also, your network input from this southerly point may well help users like me (in central France) have a more contiguous view of traffic between France and the UK.