Previously, I had just stuck in registrations willy nilly and ended up with a bit of a mess.
So last week I sat down and got them all in alpha/numeric order. Imagine my shock this evening when I went to add something to the list to find it had gone back to how it was before, a flaming mess.
Any clues?
Ho Southwest
The alerts are stored in the Registry - if you are happy editing the Registry, you can change the order of entries there - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General - look for memo1text and following entries.
If you aren't comfortable doing that, then I suggest emptying the Alerts entries, (possibly copying them into Notepad for sorting and later pasting back) closing RadarBox, restarting, and re-entering the alerts in the order you want.
I don't know if I'm trying to teach Granny to suck eggs, but if you aren't experienced with registry editing, use the second option - playing with the registry can be very bad for your mental health!
Hope that helps!
Rod
What I'd really really like to see is the reverse of the registrations list in Alerts i.e. "ignore these registrations...". That way I'd only be alerted to anything new. Could be implemented with a simply "!" prefix or something to imply "ignore"?
Ian
Suggestion has been noted.
Hello
What I would like to see before anything new being added to them is just alerts that work. The alerts are unpredictable - only around working 70-80% of the time. Also there seems to be no pattern to them not working. Does anyone else notice this?
Andrew
Quote from: RodBearden on June 22, 2010, 09:11:30 PM
Ho Southwest
The alerts are stored in the Registry - if you are happy editing the Registry, you can change the order of entries there - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General - look for memo1text and following entries.
If you aren't comfortable doing that, then I suggest emptying the Alerts entries, (possibly copying them into Notepad for sorting and later pasting back) closing RadarBox, restarting, and re-entering the alerts in the order you want.
I don't know if I'm trying to teach Granny to suck eggs, but if you aren't experienced with registry editing, use the second option - playing with the registry can be very bad for your mental health!
Hope that helps!
Rod
Good idea about copying, will do that. Don't know anything about registry altering so your suggestion is the safest bet for me.
Thanks for your help.