AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: larry.putman on June 26, 2010, 07:05:28 PM

Title: Polar Plot to Goggle Earth ?
Post by: larry.putman on June 26, 2010, 07:05:28 PM
Does anyone know how I could transfer my antenna Polar Plot to Goggle Earth??
I haven't found anyway to do this from within AirNav 3D

Thanks,

Larry
Title: Re: Polar Plot to Goggle Earth ?
Post by: neroon79 on June 27, 2010, 04:22:27 AM
I did this about 2 years ago. Because of the fact that the Polar Plot I did was not been updated "on the flow", i let it build up for 2 or 3 month.

The way I did it:

-Create a My Color scheme at least with Country Boundary, Home Position and Polar Plot in a Color different than Black.
-Gone to fullscreen via ESC Button.
-Make Screenshot and saved the image. If don't want Historic Air Craft positions in the Overlay switch of Hardware and Network processing bevore taking the screenshot.
-Went to a Grafik Programm an changed the Black to Transparency
Now it gets a little bit tricky:
-Import the transparent Screenshot as a Overlay into Google Earth and make sure, that the Country Boundary of the GE Map and the overlay Map are matching. The Homeposition of the overlay and in GE shall match either. To make them match is the tricky part. It cost me more or less a hour to get satisfied with the result.

There may be an easier way, which I'am awaiting to hear either.

My result:
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z157/neroon79/Airnav%20RADAR%20Box/RangeOverlay.jpg)
Title: Re: Polar Plot to Goggle Earth ?
Post by: larry.putman on June 27, 2010, 03:54:26 PM
Thanks a lot!!
It does take a lot of tweaking but I have a usable plot now!

Thanks for your help!

Larry