AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: knight01 on July 08, 2010, 08:23:02 PM

Title: Routes database .csv file
Post by: knight01 on July 08, 2010, 08:23:02 PM
I've made a .txt and .csv file for some of the alphanumeric Heathrow flights.  I got the data from this thread: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5190.0 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5190.0)

and ACARS log from here:
http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk/heathrow%20main.html (http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk/heathrow%20main.html)

Most of the alphanumeric callsign flights are included (BMA,BAW,VIR,SWR,DLH, etc).  If any are missing, please add them to the list and post the file.

Somebody mentioned in the above referenced thread, the .csv file can be imported into the NavData.db3 using SQLmaestro.  Backup your original file before modifying.
Title: Re: Routes database .csv file
Post by: tarbat on July 08, 2010, 08:30:52 PM
Quote from: knight01 on July 08, 2010, 08:23:02 PMSomebody mentioned in the above referenced thread, the .csv file can be imported into the NavData.db3 using SQLmaestro.

Note that you can also use the SQLite command line interface (http://www.sqlite.org/download.html) to import CSV files.

Create a file called routes.csv, containing data in this format:
AEE602,LGAV,EGLL,,20100708090000
AEE603,EGLL,LGAV,,20100708090000


Run the sqlite command line
P:\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox>sqlite3 data/navdata.db3
SQLite version 3.6.23.1
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .separator ","
sqlite> .import routes.csv routes
sqlite> .exit
Title: Re: Routes database .csv file
Post by: BlinkNFG on August 14, 2010, 05:07:44 PM
Hi,

I just tried to import the routes using both TkSQLite and sqLite 3 but I get a "FN is not unique" error each time.  Will it not work if I have some of the flights already?

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Jon
Title: Re: Routes database .csv file
Post by: tarbat on August 15, 2010, 07:27:17 AM
Did you try the command line interface?
Title: Re: Routes database .csv file
Post by: BlinkNFG on August 15, 2010, 10:37:36 AM
Hi,

Yeah I tried that - it came up with the same message.

In the end I imported airline by airline - deleting the current entries before importing the new.  I got the info from libhomeradar and it has made a big difference - I now have a LOT more route info (esp alpha-numeric callsigns)

Jon



It has made a big