AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CZUL on July 10, 2010, 08:42:41 PM

Title: Rsdarbox Repair - Info Needed
Post by: CZUL on July 10, 2010, 08:42:41 PM
My RB died this week, it no longer receives any flights off the antenna. How do I go about getting this repaired? What is the turn around time?

Thanks
czul
Title: Re: Rsdarbox Repair - Info Needed
Post by: RodBearden on July 10, 2010, 08:45:04 PM
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html or
[email protected]

Recent forum posts have suggested that the turnround time is pretty short.

Rod
Title: Re: Rsdarbox Repair - Info Needed
Post by: CZUL on July 10, 2010, 08:50:26 PM
Thanks Rod!
Title: Re: Rsdarbox Repair - Info Needed
Post by: Badger on July 12, 2010, 10:30:41 AM
It is worth checking the antenna and cable carefully.  I have seen a couple of "dead" ANRBs where the only problem was a damaged antenna cable.
Title: Re: Rsdarbox Repair - Info Needed
Post by: rnsavage on July 12, 2010, 11:27:35 AM
I have a loose connection where the cable connects to the bottom of the antenna.

This can give the impression of a dead ANRB, but quick wiggle, and comes to life

Is there anywhere you can purchase a replacement btw (one that comes with the box)

Rick

Title: Re: Rsdarbox Repair - Info Needed
Post by: CZUL on July 12, 2010, 02:49:10 PM
I've tested the RB with an external and back of the set antenna. I live very close to the airport. ADS-B equipped aircraft on approach do not show up as they used to. My SBS-1 running off the same antenna on the roof is showing traffic up to 150nm away.