AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: EK01 on July 16, 2010, 02:51:35 PM

Title: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: EK01 on July 16, 2010, 02:51:35 PM
One specially for Tarbat.

Just picked up on the network a Bristow Helicopter EC225LP Super Puma. Registration G-ZZSG c/n 2714. He was showing mode S 405F2F but, more importantly, transmitting ADSB and on clicking on the details was showing operating in towards Lossiemouth.
I think this is the the first time I have noted a helicopter transmitting ADSB in the Western North Sea.
Is it normal practice or something that is going to become normal practice.

Ian
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: orkney on July 16, 2010, 03:12:23 PM
hello

I think there are two Bristow Super Pumas  based at Aberdeen that transmit ads-b that we have seen. It is unusual for the helicopters from Aberdeen to have ads-b but these two always transmit it.

Andrew
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: Runway 31 on July 16, 2010, 03:13:13 PM
The ZZS* ones are full ADSB.  
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: tarbat on July 16, 2010, 04:40:44 PM
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2214.msg18597#msg18597
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4290.msg43256#msg43256
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: EK01 on July 17, 2010, 09:17:25 AM
Thanks guys for all the info. Hopefully the North Sea will become more interesting when ADSB is fitted and becomes mandatory to the various helicopter fleets.

Cheers,

Ian
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: Rotorsport on July 17, 2010, 06:29:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Here is a list of all G-ZZS* registrations I have logged. As you can see, only 2 have full ADSB.

Cheers,
Harry.
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: tarbat on July 17, 2010, 07:39:34 PM
G-ZZSH is also aDS-B fitted.
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: Rotorsport on July 19, 2010, 02:29:46 PM
Quote from: tarbat on July 17, 2010, 07:39:34 PM
G-ZZSH is also aDS-B fitted.
Do you know where it flys out of ?
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: tarbat on July 19, 2010, 02:48:06 PM
It was probably out of Aberdeen.  But last time it was in my log was back in November 2009.
Title: Re: ADSB Bristow Helicopter
Post by: Rotorsport on July 19, 2010, 05:16:46 PM
Thanks Tarbat,

I live in Aberdeen and have not logged this aircraft, but I have only been online since March this year. I'm sure it must be based somewhere else now.

Harry.