hello
Why do they never show up? They are not the alpha numeric types as discussed before and are easily found on flight stats although they use the USA code instead but it shouldn't be too difficult to add a script in the lookup program to convert them from AWE to USA to look up and then back to AWE for our Navdata. See this example:
http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do;jsessionid=9BD0DC064790A55B8DC0A16D54FA627C.web1:8009?airline=%28US%29+US+Airways&flightNumber=707&departureDate=2010-07-21&x=30&y=10
I know I could add them myself but it would be far easier if they populated like all other major airlines without the alpha numeric numbers, especially since the data is so easy to obtain.
Andrew
Why not persuade whoever runs FlightStatus to update their database?
hello
I have downloaded all usa flight numbers from the airnav server from USA1 to USA9999 (no alpha numeric flights if there is any) but removed the flights without routes (leaving 1016), Changed the USA to AWE and saved them to CSV which you can import into into your navdata.db3 using a sql editor. the format is
Flight, Origin, Via , Destination
I obviously cant be held accountable for the accuracy of the data since it is just airnav's usa routes converted to the correct awe.
Andrew
In that csv there are a lot of routes with a blank ND. Doesn't look right to me - have you maybe mixed up the ND (destination) and NV (via) fields?
It's also advisable to include a CH date/timestamp.
Hello Tarbat
I will just convert into the other format. and post here when done.
Andrew
hello
That is destination and via changed round and a ch added. the format now is
flight, origin, destination, via, ch time
Andrew