AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Roadrunner on March 05, 2008, 12:09:26 PM

Title: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: Roadrunner on March 05, 2008, 12:09:26 PM
Hi,

This may seem daft - or it could just be that I am going crazy - but I can't see my mouse when I am over a map. I am having to guess a position then right click to get the menu then the mouse appears. I then precisely position the mouse and right click again which then has the mouse in the correct position. I don't recal this problem with my XP laptop but I am getting it on my new Vista desktop set-up. I have looked at all possible mouse options but cant find a solution!

Or, of course it may have always been like this but I have only just noticed ? ? ? ? ?
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: AirNav Support on March 05, 2008, 12:15:32 PM
I think the default mouse pointer in Vista is black which does not help with the default background with RadarBox.

You should be able to change the theme to the pointer in Vista or change the colours in RB.
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: Roadrunner on March 05, 2008, 12:25:06 PM
Thanks Support !

When I have the mouse over the aircraft list or any other part of the screen - except the maps - it is white !  As soon as it goes into the map area it dissappears !

Will have to look for a different colour

UPDATE - have just changed the mouse colour to Yellow and it still dissappears when I go into the map area -with black backgrounds. If I change to the "Light" settings the mouse pointer (arrow) still changes to a black cross when on the map section ?
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: Roadrunner on March 05, 2008, 12:46:15 PM
Further to this,

I have changed my maps to the lighter coloured backgroun but as soon as my mouse pointer goes onto the map area it changes from a visible yellow arrow to an almost invisible blue cross ! Must be some way of retaining the arrow while on the maps ?
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: tarbat on March 05, 2008, 12:52:37 PM
Running Vista here.  My mouse pointer changes to a white cross when it's on the map.  Check what mouse pointer scheme you're using - I'm using the Windows Aero (system scheme).

The pointer changes to the "Precision Select" pointer when on the map.

Are you using Aero?
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: Roadrunner on March 05, 2008, 01:05:28 PM
I have changed to Aero_arrow_l
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: Roadrunner on March 14, 2008, 01:06:55 PM
The previous change did not alter the black arrow so I have set the following as the   precision select option and although a bit big it does the job and can be seen on the maps.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2247/2333146772_827e8f186f_o.jpg
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: tarbat on March 14, 2008, 01:22:52 PM
This is what I've got selected for precision select, shows as a white cross on the map:

(http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7711/ppmk8.jpg) (http://imageshack.us)
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: Bigyun2000 on March 15, 2008, 05:46:07 PM
Hi tarbat.

I have done this but still have same problem.  Do i need to re-boot pc for it to work?
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: tarbat on March 15, 2008, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: Bigyun2000 on March 15, 2008, 05:46:07 PM
I have done this but still have same problem.  Do i need to re-boot pc for it to work?

I don't think so.  Maybe the mouse pointer visibility problem is related to specific graphic cards?
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: Roadrunner on March 15, 2008, 06:12:42 PM
While you sort it out I would suggest that my solution - while not ideal is a way forward for the time being - have a look at the link I posted above.

I have been using this for a week or so now and I don't have a problem with it being a bit larger than I wanted !
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: Bigyun2000 on March 15, 2008, 10:25:02 PM
Hi Roadrunner

Nope.  Tried your way too.  Still same.  I am running Vista on my laptop pentium dual core with Intel graphics card.

Can't Airnav Support add a feature to change colour of the Cursor?

Thanks
Title: Re: Mouse visability on maps
Post by: AirNav Support on March 15, 2008, 11:28:17 PM
We have noted it. Hopefully will be in the next version.