AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: sherlock holmes on July 28, 2010, 07:32:46 PM

Title: Message count
Post by: sherlock holmes on July 28, 2010, 07:32:46 PM
Hi all,
Just curious as to the message count that other users experience. Using the supplied antenna, I get an average count of 100 msg/second. Of course this is a rough guesstimate as it varies with the traffic. The antenna is on the peak of my roof. When I used it at a lower level, I probably averaged 40 msg/second. Just curious what other antenna users might be seeing. The range also changed from about 40nm to 75 nm.

Thanks
Sherlock Holmes.
Title: Re: Message count
Post by: DaveReid on July 28, 2010, 11:12:16 PM
Quote from: sherlock holmes on July 28, 2010, 07:32:46 PMJust curious as to the message count that other users experience. Using the supplied antenna, I get an average count of 100 msg/second. Of course this is a rough guesstimate as it varies with the traffic. The antenna is on the peak of my roof. When I used it at a lower level, I probably averaged 40 msg/second. Just curious what other antenna users might be seeing. The range also changed from about 40nm to 75 nm.

Where you are will have a big effect on the numbers of messages available for you to pick up.
Title: Re: Message count
Post by: Chris11 on July 29, 2010, 07:51:59 AM
I am in a remote area with a regional airport and have the question at the other end of the scale. On a regular basis I get one message per second but with zero processed. Also no visible aircraft at this time. Am I correct to assume that this is probably an aircraft on the limit of my range that is being picked up but with not enough info to resolve?