AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: ulwivst on July 30, 2010, 03:03:17 PM

Title: Presales Question
Post by: ulwivst on July 30, 2010, 03:03:17 PM
Hi, I would like to buy  RadarBox 3D and have a question about installation. Is it possible to have the hardware and database installed on a PC running 24/7, (I have one for a weatherstation) and then run the application from a second PC in a home network that I will turn off when not in use?

Best regards
Ulf Widen, Sweden
Title: Re: Presales Question
Post by: DaveReid on July 30, 2010, 03:41:37 PM
Quote from: ulwivst on July 30, 2010, 03:03:17 PM
Hi, I would like to buy  RadarBox 3D and have a question about installation. Is it possible to have the hardware and database installed on a PC running 24/7, (I have one for a weatherstation) and then run the application from a second PC in a home network that I will turn off when not in use?

What do you mean by "run the application from a second PC" ?

If you simply mean remote access to the PC running RadarBox (with Teamviewer, Remote Desktop, pcAnywhere, etc, from another PC) then of course that's possible.
Title: Re: Presales Question
Post by: ulwivst on July 30, 2010, 03:59:20 PM
I was more thinking about client/server. The PC I would like to connect RadarBox to is running 24/7 and it's located so I can't use it as a normal PC. Therefore I would like to use another PC in the home network for viewing. Maybe I could use remote acces for that purpose. In that case, can you recommend a really good solution?

/Ulf
Title: Re: Presales Question
Post by: tarbat on July 30, 2010, 04:16:33 PM
I use Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/) all the time to access my Radarbox PC from my laptop.  Works great.
Title: Re: Presales Question
Post by: DaveReid on July 30, 2010, 04:29:34 PM
Whatever solution you go for, you are going to have to run the RadarBox application on the PC that has the RadarBox attached.

The only configuration I can think of that would qualify as client/server is to run a third-party application like PlanePlotter which can process the TCP/IP data stream from RadarBox.
Title: Re: Presales Question
Post by: tarbat on July 30, 2010, 06:48:13 PM
Quote from: DaveReid on July 30, 2010, 04:29:34 PMThe only configuration I can think of that would qualify as client/server is to run a third-party application like PlanePlotter which can process the TCP/IP data stream from RadarBox.

But, how do you configure the IP address of the Radarbox PC into Planeplotter?
Title: Re: Presales Question
Post by: DaveReid on July 30, 2010, 08:11:12 PM
Quote from: tarbat on July 30, 2010, 06:48:13 PM
But, how do you configure the IP address of the Radarbox PC into Planeplotter?

It's cunningly concealed as  Options  ->  Mode-S receiver  ->  AirNav RadarBox  ->  IP Address
Title: Re: Presales Question
Post by: tarbat on July 31, 2010, 08:37:30 AM
Quote from: DaveReid on July 30, 2010, 08:11:12 PMIt's cunningly concealed as  Options  ->  Mode-S receiver  ->  AirNav RadarBox  ->  IP Address

Thanks Dave, I missed that one.  I was expecting to find it in the I/O Settings.